Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Question on FSX version of 737NG

Hi Mr Randazzo,I was just flicking through pictures on airliners.net and came across a picture of the cockpit of a Qantas (yes, I'm an Australian) 737-800. I've got the link for the picture below:http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Boei...-838/1085183/L/If you look at the picture, you will notice that in front of the Captain is a kind of HUD (head-up display), similar to that found in most modern military fighter jets.I was wondering if this HUD system will be modelled in your new FSX version of the 737NG? I realise that you are hard at work finishing the MD-11, but could you please let us know if you do intend to model the HUD at this stage? The 737 is my favourite passenger jet.

I seem to remember Ryan discussing the HUD as a feature for the NGX..........Tabs......?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Too early to say, we'll certainly consider trying to do it though. There's a lot of things we could attempt - that, the Vertical Situation Display etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah, I realise there's only so much you can do with a PC-based simulation without bringing our computers to their knees by asking too much of them. Would be really cool if it can be done though!

I agree with the poster above, it would be a great feature to have, not to mention how helpful it would be for visual approaches.regards

Guest MMurray

The problem is self-induced; PMDG is very good at what it does, and that is to improve the realism in every release. I am extremely happy with knowing what PMDG can do already, and look forward to what they can implement next! :)Matthew

Great question Matt!I am hoping for the same thing.I try to mimic the Southwest Airlines policies, and as you may know, they don't use autothrottle.The SWA pilots I have talked with say they don't need it or miss it, because they can nail their speeds flying with the HUD. I would also love to have it in our next great PMDG 737.Regards,Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Don, are you saying they don't use the A/T at all during a flight, or only on specific parts of a flight such as approach to land?Regards

>Too early to say, we'll certainly consider trying to do it>though. There's a lot of things we could attempt - that, the>Vertical Situation Display etc...Great idea! I have my pile of pennies ready to purchase the NGX.Hope it's moving along. Any chance of some screenies?Waldo

Hi Matt,I believe SWA has disabled the Auto Throttle on their aircraft. It is not available at all.Someone else can chime in here if they think this is incorrect, or can corroborate.Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Yes you are correct, Southwest has completely disabled the autothrottle system on their aircraft. They have also disabled VNAV too. They used to not be able to use autobrakes either however they changed this around the time of the MDW runway overrun incident. I dont know if this was the exact reason why they now allow them to use it. Tyler