Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

FMC Won't respond

Hi,I'm using the PMDG747X with FSX running Vista 64bit, I'm finding the FMC hardly ever responds when I try to use it, does this product have any issues with Vista?Thanks,

Please explain the problem. When you mean it hardly ever responds, what is the specific response that you are not getting? There are no Vista issues that directly affect the FMC (that I've read about).

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, please be more specific. Are there errors in the scratchpad or anything?I have Vista 64bit and I'm having no issues.Make sure you have the latest FSX and PMDG updates for the 74X.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hi,I fly in the VC, most of the time I'm not finding any click spots on the FMC. Sometimes the centre FMC will have click spots but this has somehow lost it's click spots too.I have flown this aircraft in FS9 and never had an issue with it.I have all the latest updates, I just bought the 747X so it's the latest version, no updates required. As for FSX I have upgraded this to the latest patch, SP2 I believe, I installed this as I don't currently own the acceleration pack.Regards,

Hmmm, that's the same setup I have. Does this only happen on the center FMC/ACARS? I wasn't aware that was functional. Is the 2D one functional?

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

From what I know from the FS9 version all the FMC were functional, but I've not flown the FS9 version for a year or so so I may be mistaken. I'm not sure if the 2D one is working as I wasn't able to find it in the view options of FSX.Chris, I'd also like to say that I'm looking forward to the release of your 747 training DVD to help get me back on my feet with the 747. I've been having difficulty finding a good tutorial which not only states what switch to click when, but also why I'm clicking it. I wish you the best of luck. :)Regards,

Thanks, Adam. I'm going to take a wee break and see if I can't check this out. Is it only some functions that aren't working, or is it not working at all?

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

No joy. Mine is running like a charm. I'm not extremely familiar with technical issues of this kind, rather operational type stuff. I'll let Ryan take this one.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Once in the VC I use the 'a' key to select a view in the VC. The only way I can currently use the FMC is via the very first VC view (captain seat view out the window, I have this set at 40% zoom), but panning round to the FMC is a pain and the FMC is very small in this view. If I press 'a' a couple of times I get to a view that is zoomed in on the left hand FMC, this FMC has no click spots. If you continue to press 'a' you will get to the centre FMC, this one did work and I have used it in a previous flight, but now it seems to have a mind of it's own, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.I also have UTX Europe, ASX and X Graphics installed.Your help is very much appreciated.Regards,

Sounds like a right mess! Let's see what the true officials say!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Chris,Do you use any kind of 3rd party app to get around the VC, I used to use active camera in FS9 which was very useful as you could make your own views.Is there something like this for FSX?Regards,

Certainly! 2 that I know of. I use the payware Walk and Follow for FSX, which is AWESOME. It's really easy to get around the VC. Another is called EZDOK. I believe this one goes around the VC. Version 1 is free, the up and coming version 2 is not.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I'll check these out.I may give my PMDG747 a reinstall, see if that fixes my FMC problems.Thanks again, now get back to work we need that training DVD! :)

:)

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I've reinstalled but it's made no difference.I'm still getting the same problems. If I use the default VC views using the 'a' key to tab between them lots of the clickable spots seem to be missing, this seems to be more than just the FMC clickable spots. But if I use the first VC view and move around the VC using a 3rd party addon such as EZDOK all the clickable spots work. Very odd.Thanks,