Sign in to follow this  

Roger Wilco and A/C sounds

Is there a way to only here ATC on my headset when flying online with roger wilco? Sometimes ATC voice is so low I can't hear over the cockpit sounds and especially when in spot view.Thanks

I've been interested in doing this for a long time, but the only way I've heard that people are successful is by installing a second sound card. I tried to do that, but two sound cards in a computer conflict with each other and result in the blue screen. This corresponds with what the people at Comp USA told me (you can't use two sound cards in one machine....), but others have said they've been able to do it without a problem.I'd like to hear the ATC through the headphones only, and would also like to be able to program a button on my AETI yoke to key the mic with RW when talking with ATC, but since this is a gameport yoke, I haven't found a way to do that either.The best situation would be to hear only ATC through the headphones without the engine and cockpit noise, and to key a yoke button vice a mouse or keyboard to transmit to ATC (e.g. like cockpit reality), but I've not been able to achieve either and I have some fairly high end hardware..chris

The perfect solution does not require a separate sound card, just a spare USB port. Plantronics makes a series of digital headset/microphone combos. The one I have is DSP100 (Digital Speech Recognition Headset), only one headphone & a boom mike. ($60.00 from a local -NYC- store).Plug it in, install the software and in the RogerWilco configuration setup, point to the Plantronics device for record & play. In Windows, make sure your default play device is your installed soundcard.In FS, sounds come through the speakers & comms through the headphones. Very Nice!Doug

I have just got my set up working:-Windows XP-Creative CT5880 (On Board sound) configured to Roger Wilco with a headset / mic-Creative Live! 5.1 configured to FS2002 (and OS in general) through Yamaha TSS-1 decoder and speakersWorks fine so it might be XP.Andy (YSCB)

I did the same:1.- Headset/mic in the onboard card sound configured Roger Wilco2.- Crative Live! 5.1 configured to FS2002 through Cambridge SounWorksWorks great!!!!!My mobo Intel D850MV

The one I have is DSP100 (Digital >Speech Recognition Headset), only one headphone & a boom >mike. ($60.00 from a local -NYC- store). >>Plug it in, install the software and in the RogerWilco >configuration setup, point to the Plantronics device for >record & play. In Windows, make sure your default play >device is your installed soundcard. >>In FS, sounds come through the speakers & comms through the >headphones. Very Nice! >>Doug Thanks Doug for the tip. I bought one online at 2buystore.com for about $45 and it works great! Exactly what I wanted to do.Thanks again.