Sign in to follow this  
pao

PMDG Airac loading....

Hello,I have noticed very long loading time when choosing a PMDG aircraft due to the load of the AIRAC database...... is it possible to reduce this time if you are anly using selected airports (by maybe reducing the database) or simply avoiding this loading if you are not using the FMC......Thanks for your input,Greg

too much, too soon....

Hello Greg-The AIRAC load is much quicker than in past versions- it takes 3-4 seconds on my system- surely that isn't too long? Have you updated your aircraft to the latest version?I would recommend you NOT delete portions of the database, and am quite curious as to how you manage to operate the aircraft without the FMC.........stay the course- the rewards are infinite.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Well for me it is very very long..... I run FS2004 on a MAC via Bootcamp with Win XP.... I have an intel Duo 2,4Ghz, 2GB DDR3Ram and a 256MB ATI Radeon 2600 HD........;

too much, too soon....