Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Approaching Minimums Callout in FS2004

Hello PMDG Team,I have got a question regarding the 'Approaching Minimums' callout, which was introduced with the 747X. With the release of the new Service Pack, you have mentioned that the 747 for FS9 was brought to the same state as the 747X is (as far as this is possible in both sims).Is there any chance that the 'Approaching Minimums' callout has made it into the service pack and the sound file was accidently left out? Or is this still an 747X feature only?Not that I necessarily need it, but I am just curious :D.kind regards,Christian

I'm sure this was in place before? I swapped my sounds with recordings from a BA 747 sim. So I get 'approaching minimums' in the boeing voice and then a woman's voice says 'Decide'ok just realised maybe the freighter gives you the extra call out.Rob

Rob Prest

Thanks for your reply Rob. I am aware of the BA soundset but it doesn't have the approaching minimus callout.As far as I know the FS2004 Queen of the Skies doesn't feature the 'approaching minimums' callout, no matter if you have got the Freighter or not.I have hoped that this has changed with the latest Service Pack and someone has forgot to insert a soundfile or so. But it seems like it's still missing. Well too bad, but it doesn't muddy the experience with the PMDG 747 :).Thanks.Christian

hmm I'm a little confused?? the soundset I use is not available on the internet but it still overwrites callouts that were there before.I set the radio alt to 200ft if I am flying a standard ILS and I get both callouts. Just checked my sound/pmdg/gpws folder and I have -PMDG_AppMins.wav PMDG_minimums.wav Somethings up with your install.Rob

Rob Prest

Hey Rob,thanks once more. This PMDG_AppMins.wav is missing in my sound folder and I guess the FS2004 PMDG 747 still doesn't come with the 'approaching minimus sound'.I assume you are using the FSX version of the Queen, are you?Cheers,Christian

Nope Fs9 the original was the box version on ebay.155 views and no one else can confirm this?Rob

Rob Prest

Guest doyneditmas1

>Nope Fs9 the original was the box version on ebay.>>155 views and no one else can confirm this?>>RobI do not have it in my PMDG sound file and I have the new update installed....Hamish

Anybody know where the BAW sounds can be sourced on the internet?Kind regardsRudy

The sounds I have are taken from a BA Level D Sim so unfortunatly I cant upload to the general public. If you can get your hands on the 747 Precision Simulator by Hardy Heinlin it has a huge database of sounds for the aircraft. To be honest the changes are minor company options so not worth buying it just for that. But his simulator is a great training tool.Rob

Rob Prest

I see, so someone else must have uploaded there own copy. I have never quite understood the legality of distributing certain things if it's specific to a airline, like SOP, charts and sounds taken from the D simulator. Don't wanna get myself in trouble :)Rob

Rob Prest