Sign in to follow this  
aeronaut

737 NGX

Hi,well, I was just wondering how the NGX-project is doing i.e. whether it is completely on hold until the MD-11 rollout or is there some kind of parallel development going on? :-bigangelCheers, Tobi

According to the news posts above, MD11 is the current and #1 priority. That was my take from them, at least.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

WeeellI think the MD-11 looks great, but I fly the 73 family far more so my interest is more centered on when NGX will be comin out.

Karl, I luv the 737 too (pun intended, get it? SWA stock is LUV).I recommend you just assume the NGX will be out next year, and when next year comes just keep assuming the same thing and then one day you will be joyously surprised (hopefully not in the far future). PMDG is not gonna give us a promised date, and I don't blame them. Anyone who has done a software project knows it always takes longer than planned, no matter what you planned.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agreeI don't need a promised date just let me see it coming along.

I just find it strange that they are concentrating on another long haul aircraft. Wouldn't have made more sense to bring out the 737NGX next, because that would cater for all types of simmers both Longhaul and Shorthaul ?? I personally don't fly longhaul so its a case of using the 744 (which is not what its designed for) or stick to the 737NG with FS9.Glen

Glen

I guess it all comes down to everyone's taste. Longhaulers and shorthaulers have different priorities.Personnally I would have preferred an A320 (or the NGX) instead of the MD-11 since I'm a short-medium range simmer but then that's just me.That said, I will definitely get the MD-11 because it will be the most complexe platform ever made thus a milestone for our hobby.

Guest sunbear

I also agree that it would have made a whole lot of sense to update to the NGX since they already were familiar with it and then proceed to the monumental task of developing the MD-11 from scratch.....Sometimes things don't always work out the way we want them to....Just my opinion.Regards,jack