Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flit

747X FMC - intersection: not in database

Guest Flit

Hi,While programming my FMC, I try to add waypoints (as on my flightplan), and I get the msg in FMC 'not in database'. I know so much as I need to add some navdata. I've been looking at navigraph.com and i see there is a package for PMDG for a mystery sum of 'credits'. I have to admit I am very perplexed as to what EXACTLY I NEED to be able to use my FMC properly.Am I on the right track? Could someone please point me in the right direction. Do i really need to buy these things?Help much appreciated,Gary. :)

Navigraph's NavData service is the #1 source for correct and current NavData for flight simulation. It's the only one that is 100% complete and accurate to current real world charts and database. Not only will it have all the current waypoints, but it'll load your FMC will every SID, STAR and Runway, in it's current form. There are other freeware sources, like planepath.com, but these databases aren't always complete, and can be hit and miss. Hope this helps.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hello Gary,Well, it's all up to you actually, like all good things, unfortunately new cycles don't come free...It depends on how you build your flightplans. If they contain up to date fixes then it's better to use a current cycle. I think they are necessary for flying online too.I don't update my airac database but I use 1-2 year old charts with Lat/Long. coordinates so if a waypoint is missing I can enter these in to the brillant PMDG FMC.As for SIDS and STARS, you can enter them manually in to the FMC during your preflight and descent according to charts.As I said, if you want 100% reality buy them, if you think you can discard new cycles by using other methods (without degrading your simming experience of course) then don't.Regards

Gary,The NOT IN DATABASE can be due to the fix not existing in the fix database or the fix not existing on an airway. It's hard to tell the cause without the specifics.The fix and route database is in your PMDG/NAVDATA directory and they have file names like wpNavFIX.txt or wpNavRTE.txt. These are files that change a little from cycle to cycle, and I recommend strongly that you update at least once every two cycles (56 days), but most of us that bother at all do it every cycle (28 days).The cost is 20 units, which works out to under US$3 depending on how many units you buy up front. I have found Navigraph's service to be good and worth the small investment.Check out the article in the PMDG Ops wiki knowledge base: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSHope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Flit

Hey thanks guys,I took your advice and bought the Navigraph PMDG Navdata (PMDG 0807).I believe I have now got all the 'intersections' as depicted on the flight planner in FSX (i.e. SIDSTARS) worldwide. Is that right?Just a curiosity; can I ask why some of you update these every 28 days? What is the reason to do that?Grateful,Gary.

The main reason I suppose would be realism. In the real world, without a current navigation database, you aren't allowed to fly IFR. This just insures that any changes to the nav system are up to date, as updates are usually made for safety sake and to comply with new ATC procedures. Just good practice, really. Unless you're completely fanatical about realism, it's not super important to update every 28 days.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Gary,Just to clarify something for you:The FSX flight planner's database is way out of date and it cannot be changed, it's hardcoded into the sim's BGL files. You won't see all the things it shows there in the FMC. When you buy the Navigraph cycle, you're getting the current real world database which may or may not still have whatever particular waypoint you're using in FSX's planner.I'd suggest getting a flight planning program like FSBuild that is capable of navdata updates as well. That's the whole issue, just making sure what you're using to plan your flights and what's in the FMC are the same data.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gary:I'd echo Ryan's suggestions- Navigraph and FSBuild- perfect together and interface properly with AS6.5/ASX for waypoint wind input. Put it all together, enter all 145 waypoint winds ;) and you can arrive at WSSS after departing EGLL with your procedurally required fuel remaining.Don't forget- while you are in the downloading mindset- get Dan Down's SIDSTARS for the US and Steve Bell's SIDSTARS for the UK- both of which are superb. Thank God they fly PMDG!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper