Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carl27

SIDs and STARs

Guest Carl27

How can I find and install the KSEA (SID) Bluit4 and KORD (STAR)JVL.JVL4? I have installed the PMDG 747X and updated the lastest NAVData. I even installed specific SIDs and STARs from Precisionmanuals downloads. These files are always missing. I am using Vista OS.ThanksCarl

Carl,Here's a good point regarding SIDs and STARs - what you're downloading from navigraph, Dan's package etc represent the latest terminal procedure revisions for each airport. They're what are actually in use in the real world right now today.Routes you may find online or elsewhere might show old SIDs and STARs that are no longer active. This is the case with the BLUIT4 SID out of KSEA - that doesn't exist anymore in the published charts, hence it doesn't exist in the FMC either. It's important to pay attention to this if you're going to use current real world navdata. Go to www.flightaware.com and look at the routes real planes are flying to see what SIDs and STARs you should be using.The JVL4 at KORD is still an active arrival and should be there however.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Except that Navdata.at quit allowing PMDG SIDSTAR uploads during summer 2007, when procedures were included in the navdata downloads from Navigraph. I do not recommend navdata.at as a source, better off with Navigraph and users such as myself, Terry Yingling (Planepath.com) or Steve Bell to name a few.Interestingly, the kord from navigraph was a file I put there for Cycle 0708, and it includes JVL4. As said, no updates since then at that site. I put my collection in one zip file in the AVSIM library.

Dan Downs KCRP

Flightaware has the same thing, I prefer to go there and get everything since you can check routes at the same time.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good knowledge. I use that site as well but didn't think about in obtaining the charts.Jim D.