Sign in to follow this  
Guitarman

Off topic ... again Boeing 747-200F Kalitta Air crash

I know this is off-topic about PMDG but B-747 pilots are always interested what happens with this bird in real life ...Today a Boeing 747-200F crashed short after take-off in Bogota area, capital of Colombia. Three crew members and two victims on the ground shouldn't survived the crash, :(.It's already the second crash for Kalitta Air with B-742F in a couple of months. Last crash was in Brussels (EBBR) also at take-off but not airborne. No-one get hurt in Brussels.PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Sad news :( you know the owner died last month in racing accident.Rob

Rob Prest

>I know this is off-topic about PMDG but B-747 pilots are>always interested what happens with this bird in real life>...>>Today a Boeing 747-200F crashed short after take-off in Bogota>area, capital of Colombia. Three crew members and two victims>on the ground shouldn't survived the crash, :(.>>It's already the second crash for Kalitta Air with B-742F in a>couple of months. Last crash was in Brussels (EBBR) also at>take-off but not airborne. No-one get hurt in Brussels.>>Peter>Belgium>>>Flightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....That is terrible.Is there any news about the cause? Two planes in such a short time??Wijnand

Rob,I'm a motorsports fan, what kinda racing was this man into?Gotta link to the story? Thanx,Ken>Sad news :( you know the owner died last month in racing>accident.>>Rob

"I'm a motorsports fan, what kinda racing was this man into?Gotta link to the story?"It was Connie Kalitta's son Scott that was killed in a Funny Car crash at Englishtown, New Jersey. I'm pretty sure Connie is Kalitta Air, and he is a Drag racing legend in his own right present on the line when his son crashed.You can read about it at NHRA.com in various news archives. Very horrific accident.As a result all Nitro Classes will run to 1000' only, not the quarter mile, until further notice.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Wow :-(I embarrassed to say I didn't make the connection until you brought up the names, Joe.Man, my prayers and condolences to the crew, the people on the ground and the Kalitta's.Ken

Guest SkullxBones

Just saw the racing accident on youtube. Wow, you'd think they would have put some kind of energy absorption material at the end of the track instead of a concrete wall! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOv-AbRhwc