Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

VHHX

I cant seem to get VHHX to display in the FMC database. I am using 0807 and I have downloaded the SIDS and STARS and for the airport I went to - Flight Simulator 9FMCWPNavData wpNavAPT.txt and added after VHHH. Hong Kong VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064109.9031600015Hong Kong VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176111.9013600015So where am I messing up??ThanksRob

Rob Prest

Not sure if you've already done so, but it needs to also be added to your airports.dat file:VHHX 22.316667 114.203333Also, I added the following to my wpNavAPT.txt file with success. I've also read, but am not sure of the accuracy, that the number of spaces between the first letter of the name and the icao/rwy entry must be fixed to a particular # of characters & spaces:HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX13 10930136 22.321667 114.196667111.9008800015HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX31 10930316 22.305500 114.214500109.9031600015Shot in the dark, but maybe it'll work for you too.Dan

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Cheers Dan! it was the dat file. I owe you a beer :)Rob

Rob Prest

Just a bump.... :-waveFound this after much looking, and figured that with the popularity of 9Dragons / FlyTampa Kai Tak that this one should perhaps be stickied? Mods?CheersPaulPS: Thank you both for the advice

Here's another quirk. I've noticed a few waypoints and intersections that were apparently added to FS by the 9 Dragons scenery that are not in the PMDG FMC databases either. For example, IAF13, FAF13, CHOOO and a host of others if you poke around the FS map for awhile. Would it be hard to add those into the AIRAC database as well? It looks like most of the work would be in finding the missing ones and collecting the information.I really think that some of these FMC AIRAC database problems that have cropped up recently should be stickied in one spot with all the proper database repairs that are needed. This will make it far easier for others to fix their FMCWP file after they apply the version 1.2 patch to their PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies and also have either 9 Dragons or FlyTampa Kai Tak scenery installed. This problem doesn't even adress the SIDSTAR file that is left alone during the update, which causes it's cycle number no longer match the AIRAC cycle number, creating yet another FMC error for those of us that don't constantly update our Nav Data.Kim

There is an article in the PMDG Ops wiki knowledge base, which anyone can add information for use by all.Fixes with names like IAF13 & FAF13 sound a lot like approach fixes. Is it possible that the SIDSTAR file is already providing these or equivalent fixes? Note that none of the FMC navdata will appear in the FS map and vice versa. Scenery add-ons provide fixes via facility data in the bgl files, which is why they appear on the map.Regardless, there's no reason why the SIDSTAR file for this special place shouldn't have all the fixes defined within it, all it takes is someone to do it once since there's no cycle updates for the closed airport. The only limitation to what fixes can be defined in the SIDSTAR file are any that comprise an airway that are not already in the wpNavFIX or wpNavRTE files (navdata); but, this shouldn't be a factor in this case.

Dan Downs KCRP

I went looking around inside the VHHX SIDSTAR files and did find they were indeed all approach fixes for particular RWY 13/31 SIDSTARS. No need to add them to the AIRAC database of course. I'm learning a lot more about dealing with the AIRAC and SIDSTAR databases since I did the PMDG 747 1.2 update, unfortunately, the hard way. The Avsim community has been a great help in finding the files/information needed to fix my own AIRAC and SIDSTARS folders for my 9 Dragons Kai Tak setup that were altered or deleted during the update.Kim