Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pcuser

Strange PFD behavior (with picture)

Guest Pcuser

Hi.Everything was working fine but recently this error occurs. After I power the cockpit the PFD shows me this strange behavior. Note, that the barometer is set to 2215 In and cant be changed, but the one on the backup display works fine. It is also not possible to change the Map mode (to APP ILS PLAN ...) you can try to click the knob but nothing happens.Although this is the 400F one's it is the same problem with the 400 display. FS is FSXSRY for the big picture forums are a bit strangehttp://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7343/fsbugms9.jpgI hope you can help me.Thanks.

Guest Pcuser

No idea anyone?I really want to fly again. :(

It's got me puzzelled. And this is right after you power up the utility bus or what? I can't figure out where you are in the checklist going from cold to power on; or if you are loading a saved flight or starting from a default situation.Knowing how you got into this state would be helpful. For example, if you are loading a saved flight that would different than if you were loading the default aircraft state from the create flight menu in FS.Sorry, no ideas yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you resized your PFD, clicked on the ND to enlarge and then saved a panel state that is loading while the TCAS test is in progress?...........truly strange.......have you tried loading a PMDG default flight?Obviously you are using a foreign/German language pack.....have you checked for the latest version........Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Pcuser

Ok first thanks for the replies. On topic, can this have something to do with TCAS? What i am doing:I select 747 as the aircraft then I'm starting the flight. Im loading cold and dark from the saved states and put the batteries on. And thats what i get. ( I'm going to do one test now so expect some more details later)EDIT ok thats strange the PFD is perfectly OK after first loading the airplane but after 30sec or so i only see those weird ones. Wasn't there something with the PFDs going black after 30sec or so if you had an registration error? Has this been changed perhaps? (I had some issues recently like having to reactivate FSX etc)

Would you be able to post a shot of your overhead panel? Actually, that pic size is ok (we need to see what selections you have)To get the warnings/indications you have, there must be some main electrical busses unpowered. However, this should not cause such weird oversized displays. Seems like one of your files has become corrupted.By the way, the registration issue is completely different from this.RegardsQ> イアン

I believe I have seen something like this and it is to do with TCAS. Looking up the info and will post if I find it.Bill

OK have a look here. Go to Smartcockpit.com. Click on My Aircraft. Click on Boeing. Click on 737NG. In "systems box" click on Flight Instruments and look at page 21. Hope this helps.Bill

Note that there are fail flags for the TCAS and the Radio Altimeters. Have a look at your EICAS electrical synoptic to see if all the lines are green.Cheers.Q>

Guest Pcuser

Ok thanks to all I'll have a look. BTW note that the flaps indicator is frozen at 30 and the ND mode selector isn't moving at all. So perhaps its an display error only. Which files are responsible for the cockpit? I did a reinstall but perhaps something remained (I had FS2Crew some time ago, which is deleted now)EDIT: Overhead with ELC ECAShttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9134/fsbug2mu5.jpg

I can tell that you are on battery only, but the overhead isn't in a normal cold and dark stage (everything is on except for APU/Engines).I recommend you load the default state, which is everything except APU on with engines running. Try to start from a known state... I think there's something wrong with the panel state you are trying to use.If the default state looks good, then you can create a fresh cold and dark state. I turn EVERYTHING off in most of mine, and I create a fresh dark state for each saved flight, never copying the cold and dark KPAE that came with the install. That eliminated some weird bugs, althought I've never seen the ugly bug you got.Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

"I can tell that you are on battery only, but the overhead isn't in a normal cold and dark stage (everything is on except for APU/Engines)."The synoptic shows that the engines are supplying power to the elec busses, but the EICAS messages disagree with that. Even on battery, you should get lots of lights on (on the overhead panel).There probably isn't an easy fix for this one. Perhaps a reinstall is required?Cheers.Q> イアン

Guest Pcuser

The problem is I already reinstalled. I'll be doing again and look for remaining files.

Can you name other addons you may have that are running at the same time? FSInn by chance? This may help as well.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hi ThereHas anyone else had this problem and got it sorted?I have tried everything without Success Please someone help!!!Any Help Greatly ApreachatedRegardsPaul E Lee