Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

PMDG 747-400X - from 40 fps to 7 fps - is this normal ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

I've been wondering for a while now and after searching for similar posts I've decided to post this to see if I'm missing something in my setup.Quad Q6600, GeForce 8800 GTS, 4 gigs, Vista 64 bit, FSX+SP1+Accel.FSX Cessna - 50 fps747-400X at FL370 over ocean - 50+ fps747-400X to any major airport (Heathrow, Tokyo Narita etc.) - as low as 6 fps.Is this normal ?What Display settings should I be using to get optimal 747-400X experience ? I noticed that turning off autogen (as suggested on the forums) does not produce significant fps increase. I have about 100 WoAI packages installed, but reduced slider to 50%, the rest of traffic sliders are at 20%. The rest of the settings are default.I'm guessing this is normal, but I'd appreciate a confirmation or advice on the settings from someone with similar system.Thanks.Jacob.

IT IS NORMAL....With PMDG 744 I get around 13 to 15 fps on major FSX default airport, 7 to 10 on FSX addon airport, 24fps over OCEAN....With FS default aircraft.. I get 24 fps all the time.... (I set my target FPS to 24)I am not a expert, but I realized that cloud drawing distance and 3d cloud density does has a very huge impact on FPS and it is the one that I am willing to sacrifice, especially during approach phase.... I am changing the setting while I am in different part of the flight... I will tune all graphic setting to medium level and cloud drawing distance to max to enjoy the beautiful scenery which FSX provides, and I will tune everything down to MIN for the final approach phase(hand flying) for max performance.. Anyway, could you tell me how it is like playing FSX in Vista 64 bit... Does it provide better performance than 32 bit? Ben

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks - I'll try that too.I have no idea if Vista 64 bit is any better than 32 bit - never tried 32 bit version. When I got the new computer I went from single core WinXP to Quad core Vista64.I have plenty of problems with running PMDF 747 on GeForce 8800 GTS too. Going from full screen to windowed mode and back sometimes will result in display crashes with sim running in the background, but I try to live with that. I've read it's NVidia driver problems. All is fine with default FSX planes.Or opening map mode and re-entering sim - same thing sometimes. Have to shut re-start flights - really annoying - but 747-400X is the only thing I'm willing to fly. Can't wait to build dual quad core system - maybe this Christmas...Jacob.

Hi, Are you OC'ing your card? I had a different problem with 8800GTS, and I found out that the reason is I was OC'ing too much..... Even though it was totally fine running with other games or software....Ben

Guest SkullxBones

I have about the same setup as yours, Quad Q6600, GeForce 8800 GTS, 4 gigs, but with XP32 and FSX SP2. I've never had any issues with the PMDG747 switching full screen to window mode and back with either SP1 or SP2.I get about 12-14 FPS on the ground at KLAX with lots of airline traffic and about 25-35 a few thousand feet above it.I have several profiles saved for display settings that I use with different types of aircraft. The one I load for the PMDG747 has a lot of reduced settings which I don't mind because I didn't buy the PMDG747 for sightseeing.I have the frame slider set to unlimited, water at 1x, autogen sparse, no GA traffic only airlines, no cars.If you haven't done it yet, you will get a nice FPS boost by overclocking your Q6600. Jeff

It's just CPU hit that causes the low FPS near airports. There's really nothing we can do about it. Hopefully MS gives us a new engine in FS11.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>I've been wondering for a while now and after searching for>similar posts I've decided to post this to see if I'm missing>something in my setup.>>Quad Q6600, GeForce 8800 GTS, 4 gigs, Vista 64 bit,>FSX+SP1+Accel.>>FSX Cessna - 50 fps>>Thanks.>>Jacob.For XP, operating system only.QX6700, XPP, no clocks 8800GTX, with ASX, I get 40fps sitting at Gate-1 EGLL and at a fast taxi speed anywhere from 7-30ish.I have all settings as posted here except water which I set mine to 1x Low. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1208959973 Do that first then read, http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1212634135I am using Beta 174.74 driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_174.74.html for XP

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thanks a lot everyone ! I read and played around with the sliders and finally achieved around 20 fps. I do miss the 90% AI traffic, but it stays this way until dual quad boards hit the stores.Jacob.Does anyone here own a boxed-version of the God Save the Queen ? Can you still buy it somewhere with reliable shipping ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

Is anyone using this: nHancer with (4xS AA, 16xAF) ???What do you prefer ? Trilinear or Anisotropic ?I assume Anti-aliasing on regardless ?