Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

744 FMC only going to the first waypoint?

Good afternoonI have been having trouble with the PMDG 744 for some years now with regards to flightplans.When I enter a flightplan with waypoints, the 744 only flies to the first waypoint and then when it reaches the second waypoint, it goes left then right and starts going in circles and doesn't continue on the track to all the waypoints?I have read many manuals and even gone through the PMDG tutorial but still cant get it right, it is really doing my head in now as I dont know what I am doing wrong?When I do it in the PMDG 737/600/700/800/900 it works fine.I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Wow, having trouble for years? The NG and Queen are very similar as far has route planning, must be something very basic that you are missing.Let's start with a complete problem description: What is the plan as entered on the RTE screens? Have you verified that you don't have discontinuities on the LEGS screens? Is the problem "only going to the first waypoint" or "not following route after second waypoint?" Does the ND display the next segment following the second waypoint?I bet we can help once we understand the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, thanks for replyingIt flies to the first waypoint, then from there to the second waypoint but I noticed the distance on the ND shows the distance from the first waypoint increasing rather than the distance to the next waypoint.I think I may be doing something wrong when I have entered the plan as a COROUTE as I use FSNavigator for flightplans.Im getting confused what I do next from there, do I enter the DEP runway then the ARR runway or leave it as it is?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Gavin;I would suggest constructing a very basic RTE (get something off FlightAware after you update your AIRAC and get Dan Downs' and Steve Bell's SIDSTARS. If not sure how to do this, just search here. Don't use any automatically generated routes- yet.Then, add the METAR based DEP RWY, add the appropriate DEP, complete your PERF page and T/O performer. Double check for DISCOs on the LEGS page, and once closed EXEC. Step through your LEGS page in the PLAN mode of the ND and ensure the magenta line looks nice and (relatively) straight.Fly- make sure LNAV and VNAV are armed. Look for LNAV green at 50 feet, and THR REF VNAV SPD at 400. L AP to COMMAND and you ought to be well on your way. I'd start out with a very short, basic route- 5 or 6 WP just to get the hang of things.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Get it to do it again. When it does, post a screenshot of the FMC in the LEGS page and the ND in MAP mode.Best regards,Robin.