Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

My Question is Still not Answered. (Service Pack 1.2 Update)

Hi,I mentioned in my last post that I installed the service pack 1.2 for the PMDG 747-400 and I was told that it included all of the previous updates, including the 747-400F. Going by this, I thought the service pack included the 747-400F model but it does not. When I realized it did not include the 747-400F model, I tried to uninstall the service pack but I did not see that in the Add/Remove Programs in control panel. Should the service pack update be listed in the Control Panel? I thought it said that in the readme text. Since I could not find it, I uninstalled the 747-400 based version and then reinstalled it. When I selected the PMDG 747-400 in the Select Aircraft menu, it crashed to the desktop. Now what's the problem? Now I need to get this fixed. What do I need to do now? As I understand, I need to install the 747-400F model before I install the service pack 1.2. Am I correct? But before I can install the 747-400F, I'll have to update the Queen of the skies to version 1.1. If version 1.1 is included in the service pack 1.2, then should I install the service pack 1.2 and then install the 747-400F? I already have the order of which the PMDG products should be installed, but it seems to me they would be out of date since the release of the serive pack 1.2. I wish someone would list the NEW order of installation since the release of the service pack 1.2 so that this will be more simple to understand. I installed the service pack 1.2 thinking that it included the 747-400F MODEL, but it did not. Will someone at PMDG who knows the correct answers help me out on this one. I want to know if I'm doing this right. Sure would appreciate it. You guys have developed a great product and I enjoy every minute of it. Thanks, Ken.

Ken,Let me look into this, but the following should work for now:1. Install the 400 pax.2. Install the 1.2 update.3. Install the 400F.4. Install the 1.2 update again.The 1.2 update does not include the 400F product, not sure how you got that impression. It updates the 400F, it doesn't give you the 400F (a paid product) if you don't already have it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I installed just the base 747-400 (V1.1 out the wrapper) and 747-400F (original version IIRC), then I installed Update 1.2 over the top of both, and it seems fine!I'll just check the 744F is working well.Best regards,Robin.

Ken,Checked into this with the programmers and here's the deal - the 400F installer is actually smart enough to not overwrite files that are newer, so all you need to do is:1. Install the 400 pax.2. Install the 1.2 update3. Install the 400FShould be good to go from there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks guys for you help. Here's what I did. I had already installed the passenger version 1.01 release. Then I installed the universal update 1.1, which I think is included in the 1.2 service pack. I mentioned that I had a crash to desktop every time I selected the 747-400 from the Select Aircraft menu. After I installed the 1.1 universal update, it worked fine. Then I installed the 747-400F. Now, I'm going to install the service pack 1.2. I guess this order will work fine. Next time, I'll install in the other order. Thanks Ryan.Thanks guys. Ken.