Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

World tour

Hi Gents,I am wondering if some one knows whether it could be possible to organize a world tour for the PMDG 747-400? and if there is any interest for it?Any ideas are welcome, minimum requirement in terms of add-ons (weather, planning tools, dispatch programs, flight tracking tools), schedules, flight plans, routes you would like to include, would you prefer to fly with VATSIM or IVAO etc...Ideally to organize this world tour we would require assistance of one or two devoted simmers in each of the continent for the preparation, coordination and to ensure 24 hours coverage.If there is interest please throw ideas here or send me a PM.Best regards

Hi Michael!The holding of a world tour is a wonderful idea. However, the workload of organising such an event is considerable.There is already an annual world tour, running each November, organised by World Flight Australia (see www.worldflight.com.au/), in which several other countries participate, and to which all individual pilots may partake.Flight plans for the event are published, and charitable donations raised by charging for participation in country-organised events, as well as the sale of virtual seats on your aircraft.The events have been running very successfully now for several years, and last year I remember 19 B744s landing in Sydney at the end of the week - an amazing sight!Perhaps we could support the World Flight 2008 organisation by encouraging all PMDG pilots to take part in this event to make it even more successful?Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hello Michael,Besides Richard's nice information, you can always fly the longhaul worldtour of IVAO. The only thing you have to do is create an account on the http://www.ivao.aero website, download and install IvAp (pilot client software). After that you'll fly that worldtour online with real meteo and ATC (if there controllers online).Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

I would second that idea! World Flight is a superb idea- and our fat girl fits the ticket nicely!Hey Richard, nice banner ;)!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hey, Carl!You do so say the nicest of things...:-violin Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi There,Well, I think I will give up on this idea. Seems there are at least two organized groups offering such service. Thanks for your input guys.Best regards

Hi Michael!I look forward to seeing you in the skies at World Flight 2008,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard,Will certainly be there. I hope we could convince a large number of PMDG simmers to participate. I think there will be a lot of Aerowinx chaps too. It may be a good occasion to compare notes with them at that time.Best regards