Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Pmdg 737 Engine sound question

Guest stevepow

I have a question i use FS9 with all patches. The question i have is i wanted better sounds with my PMDG 737. I did find it on the avsim website site and i started listening to some of the files that sounded great. especially the engine sounds. They were one minute and four seconds long from spool to full engine idle. the sounds were on the money makes me feel like its real in my surround sound room. anyway while i was making a flight i was just about to start the engines i start engine one and i start to hear the spool 6 seconds later it was at full idle speed. What the heck!!! i was cheated engines don't start like that. why did it not play the whole file that stinks. this person spent all the time making sound files and it only gives him 6 seconds out of a minute and four seconds. im i hearing things??? is there a way i can fix this. i really dont mind waiting all that time for the engines to start. I enjoy it. please help!!!!

Steven, I hope you made a back-up of your original PMDG sound folder.Now the delay of about 30 seconds to one minute from spool to idle sounds realistic and correct, it's what I get in my PMDG 737 too.I wouldn't know how to fix your problem so I'll advise you to reinstall your default sound folder.If you want though I'll give the name of my sound package, just send me a PM.Best regards

Steve,Check your email please;)

I've installed the CFM56-7B pack (payware) and like the sounds, however I don't hear the signature engine whine when pressing the toga switch. I've tried a myriad of packages, both payware and freeware, and can't really say that any of them truly capture the correct sounds. If only I knew how to blend different sounds from the different packages, I'd be happy, as some have great start up sounds, others have great idle sounds, and others great reverse thrust sounds etc.Anyway, it would be great if PMDG released a sound update patch for the 737NG before releasing the NGX, as the 737 is still my most flown aircraft.RegardsAnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Hello Anthony,I agree with you, I suppose PMDG itself would be the best to simulate the real sounds of the 737. My favorite aircraft is the 737 too, I just love it!! it is so well developped. However it's been around since a while so any update is unlikely. I guess we NG drivers can only cross our fingers and wait for the NGX to hit the market as soon as possible.Best regards