Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Unable to map keys in 747-400X

Just tried mapping a couple of unmapped keys to the TOGA engage and disengage functions within the PMDG addon menu, but for some reason, I cannot get them to work (either via the keyboard or when mapped to my Saitek yoke via FSUIPIC). I'm using '' and 'shift+'.I followed the instructions in the type rating course to the letter, but still no luck. Did something change between FS9 and FSX? Or is there something else I need to do??Cheers,Ed

Ed Haslam

Can anyone tell me the location of/which file the key mappings are stored in?

Ed Haslam

Hi Ed,I have a similar problem and rather than start a new thread thought I would add it to yours as well as we both apparently require a 'Dummy Guide' to how to get it to work ;-(I'm trying to map the AP Disconnect and TOGA to two buttons on my Saitek Evo Force Controller (I dont have payware FSUIP just freeware version). Say for example I have in FS control menu AP Master On/Off I select 'SPACE' as the keyboard toggle and also button 2 on my joystick. Within PMDG I select the PMDG controls dialog and under MCP select AP Disconnect and set 'SPACE' as the desired keypress (joystick press does nothing). The AP disconnects when I press the spacebar but pressing button 2 on the stick doesn't work. I think I tested button 2 last night on another payware aircraft and it worked (not sure though)Any tips from anyone to help both Ed and myself outRegardsChris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson