Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest al2000

Is there a broadcast button for the PMDG 747 radio?

Guest al2000

Hi,This is my final question I have today about your wonderful Boeing 747 PMDG product.I am hoping to join a Vatsim and speak to ATC one day using my PMDG 747 but would like to do it similarly to how real pilots do it. Firstly I did not know exactly where the broadcast button is. Could you tell me where it is if it is modelled? I think someone told me it is usually somewhere on the yoke or a button on the pedestal somewhere.Also if anyone here has the time could you explain how a real pilot would contact the tower using the radio and what buttons where need to be pushed etc.? All I know right know is that you have to find the tower's frequency from the Map feature. Tune it into either one of the two com radios and then push the broadcast button to contact them upto a distance of about 200 miles or so. Is that it or is more involved? ThanksAl

If you have a reg version of fsuipc you can map the PTT (push to talk) button to your yoke. As far as Your questions regarding tuning and contacting the tower - visit Vatsim and download the training guides, also visit the forums and read some of the posts from other new pilots. One last thing, if your new to the 747 I wouldn't recommend flying her online until you are very confident as it can be a very high pressured environment at times.Good luck :)Rob

Rob Prest

Guest al2000

Thanks Rob. I will read those guides. There is quite a lot there. I still have a lot to learn to be able to fly the 747 properly within FS. It's a lot but it is rewarding.Al

Guest Jake Lee

>One last thing, if your new to the 747 I wouldn't recommend>flying her online until you are very confident as it can be a>very high pressured environment at times.>>Good luck :)>>Rob Absolutely! In my pay-ware 763 it gets very busy when there is ATC online or during events, especially during the takeoff phase. Flying the procedure plus talking to ATC plus adjusting the MCP and FMS to instructions doesn't equal a lot of room to wonder how a particular system works.- Jake

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now