Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan Briggs

100% Amazing

Guest Ryan Briggs

Today during my flight across the atlantic I got bored and looked through the AOM i have lieing in PDF format on my computer, decided i might find something to nick at and see if my PMDG 747 did what i would expect it to do in the given situation.....During my reading I was surprised to find out that although Demand Hydraulic pumps 2 and 3 are powered by Electric pumps...i was very surprised to read that pumps 1 and 4 are powered Pneumatically through the engine bleed Manifold. so, being retarded as myself during cruise with 350 souls on board without a landing field in site ;) I decided to test to see if PMDG Modeled this Pneumatic pump system, so I turned off Engine Hydraulic pumps 1 and 4......Both systems still pressurised by the Demand system as expected. at this point i shut off all the engine bleed valves to see what would happen.....I fully did not expect what i saw, Demand pumps 1 and 4 began to de-pressurise while 2 and 3 continued to work as expected on their respective demand systems *claps*, the only thing more real then my PMDG is the Level D (not the LDS 767) and the Real deal. Thanks for the wonderfull and very full modeling of a beautiful airplane. I'm curious to know if there are any other surprises other PMDG users have found by tinkering in the flightdeck or if maybe someone from the Team would post a few random facts of their own Enginuity. this is Certainly still the Crown of simulations for FS9 and FSX. Long live the queen :)

>I'm curious to know if>there are any other surprises other PMDG users have found by>tinkering in the flightdeck or if maybe someone from the Team>would post a few random facts of their own Enginuity. this is>Certainly still the Crown of simulations for FS9 and FSX. Long>live the queen :)My favourite obscure realism feature? Next time you're doing an autoland, switch to the ELEC status page and tell me what happens. :-)Bonus points if you can say WHY it does what it does!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

During automatic ILS approach, below 1,500 feet RA, AC and DC busses 1,2,and 3 are automatically isolated. This provides an INDEPENDENT power source for EACH of the 3 APs. AC bus 4 continues to power the synchronous bus, and will power ANY other bus if that IDG fails. Durind autoland the AC bus ISO lights 1,2 and 3 DO NOT illuminate, the EICAS message, ELEC BUS ISLN does NOT display, and the message, ELECTRICAL SYNOPTIC INHIBITED FOR AUTOLAND appears on the ELEC page.Autoland disengages and the ELEC system returns to normal config if:TO/GA activeAP disengagedloss of autoland redundancyDo I get my extra points ;)?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

LOL I have to ask, how did you know that.There seems to be so much to this aircarft that if you just fly it to point a to point b you've only scratched the surface.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Its been said before:The PMDG 744 is not a addon for FS9, FS9 is a addon for the 744 :(.

For what its worth, the 1 and 4 ADPs are optionally replaced by electric pumps, so you can actually have 5 electric and 4 engine driven hydraulic pumps.Allan BurekCoordinator, Aircraft Maintenance OperationsGlobe Cargo Virtual Airlines

Guest Callmecapt

I've found a lot of little things, but I'm sure they have been found by others. But my big one I found by accident which I have mentioned before was when I was on Vatsim parked at Seattle. Planned a flight to Miami Intl. Activesky was on and it was POURING rain with a pretty decent headwind going right down the runway and temps were about 14 degrees celcius. Passed V1 and just before rotation I had engine flameout on engine 4. Continued the takeoff and let the controller know what happened. He told me if I needed assistance with runway selection or airport selection, to let him know. I flew the engine failure procedure of the SID and attempted to restart the engine. Got the engine restarted and continued the flight after informing ATC. I had no clue what happened or why. Then googled it and found out in heavy rain or strong winds, CON IGNITION must be on or the plane may suffer an engine failure through water ingestion or ice accumulation. I knew this previously but had no clue a detail that small would be modelled in a sim.The page I found:http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/propulsion/q0293.shtmlGoran

Yep... What lasnubes said!Cool that they've gone to this degree of detail though!And I presume most users have seen the pogo stick right? ;-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest hangar744

Hi Allan,***For what its worth, the 1 and 4 ADPs are optionally replaced by electric pumps, so you can actually have 5 electric and 4 engine driven hydraulic pumps.***Wow...on a 744? Where did you see such config?;-)regards,delcom

Hey guys,I have to say it's very rewarding for us when people actually notice these small systems details like this. Most people don't and it's cool to see one of the things that I think sets us apart from many competitors getting noticed.The MD-11 is ridiculous in this respect too, can't wait for you guys to see it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Goran,I'm impressed that you actually use failures when flying on VATSIM! :) Personally I would be way too messed up mentally to be able to fly the airplane, communicate with ATC, find the right pages in the manual and sort out the airplane! :D Then again, PMDG and VATSIM is all about realism so I guess it would be just fitting (altough of course you lack the PNF that would do most of those activities). But one question, you mentioned an "engine failure procedure of the SID" and I wonder where you find that? I assume you flew the ELMAA7 departure but don't see anything mentioned on that plate regarding engine failures. Ryan,to me it really shows your true dedication to the hobby and fanatic feeling for getting things correct, when you implement failures that probably only a few percent of your customer base ever experience. The standards you strive to achieve are simply higher than I suppose any of us users are expecting. Amazing stuff! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Ryan,>to me it really shows your true dedication to the hobby and>fanatic feeling for getting things correct, when you implement>failures that probably only a few percent of your customer>base ever experience. The standards you strive to achieve are>simply higher than I suppose any of us users are expecting.>Amazing stuff! :)What is 100% amazing is that for a few thousand dollars (to include decent computer hardware, FS9 with GE, FE, UT, AS6.5 and PMDG software) you can obtain 80% of the experience of a LEVEL-D simulator costing millions of Dollars. An effective sound system and a large monitor provide a substantially increased amount of immersion, and the PMDG software is unrivaled in the FS world.Get a few books and a few DVDs, invest some time learning, and you will begin to know what it is to be able to take 397T of aeroplane some 5500 miles across the earth and return 500 odd souls to terra firma, safely and by rote.There are moments, when I am transported to FL350- far away from the madding crowd. I reach over and dial in 37000 in the ALT window, press the VS button on the MCP, slowly dial in 400+ and settle back to sip some Earl Grey while watching a distant sunrise, over flashes of lightning far below. The rush of wind over the nose, the electric noise, radio chatter with appropriate accents, recircs whirring, all combine together to whisk me away- and for one fleeting moment- I am Captain/PF of Speedbird 11, and a Singapore Sling awaits me at the Raffles Bar- 100% amazing- ABSOLUTELY! Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | Bose Companion 5 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Yeah, a few Atlas Air 744s have that option. All aux/demand pumps are electric. Expensive to add that though. A few 742s had aux electric pumps as well on 1 and 4 also.

Guest hangar744

What is 100% amazing for me?Pressing P/B's, switching switches, flipping guards and stare on one single indication on the EICAS for hours and hours.No...I don't align IRS's, perhaps I start an engine or two. Bit by bit going through system functions and logics to check out the PMDG old lady. Testing, searching, reading and guess what...testing again.No..I do not even set failures. I try to find the failures/errors in the software itself first. I'm parked exactly on the same spot in my sim-world, where I normally perform maintenance on the real kite. It's like doing an extra shift after/before the real deal.In which way does the PMDG 744 make my day?I don't need my raincoat, there's no crowd in the flight deck, I don't have to run up and down the whole day, no toolbox and I don't even get dirty. I can even pop a beer without any consequences. Cheers :-beerchug PMDG.Any virtual airline looking for a virtual 744 ground engineer? I don't come cheap though...lol. ;-) cheers,delcom