Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan Briggs

100% Amazing

Guest hangar744

Hi Allan,I really would like to clarify this issue. Perhaps you can give us a registration number of a bird in question. Unfortunately I do not have access to any kind of Atlas Air 744 maintenance database. All I could do is an extensive search on the good old airlinersdotnet. Found no 744 with evidence of ACMP on hydraulic system 1 and 4.To avoid all possible confusion in this thread, I'd like to recommend you to exclude the discussion of EDP's and AUX HYD SYSTEM and their components, or involving the Classic 747's.Let's focus only on 744 and her two outboard hydraulic system demand pumps. Back to you, Allan.PS: During the mean time I'll be searching all possible outbd nac wing skirt beam configurations. That's the location of the ADP turbine drive exhaust cascade. What I'd love to find there is a simple cover.with respect,delcom

Guest Callmecapt

Actually, it wasn't a programmed failure on my part at all. I'm ASSUMING it was part of the PMDG coding in the 747 that simulates an engine flameout in heavy rain.I normally use www.airnav.com for my plates but when I did this particular flight, I was using navigraph and they have all the different procedures, including engine failure procedures for all their SIDS.And it was a MOUNTAIN5 SID. I took off from runway 34 and headed East.Goran

>> The MD-11 is ridiculous in this respect too, can't wait for you guys to see it.Well, the sooner you release it, the sooner we can play! :(This aircraft is great to fly fully loaded - really makes you work at your flying skills.Best regards,Robin.

Guest hangar744

Allan, any info on those outboard ACMP's?Hydraulic system 1 and 4 contain extremely thirsty consumers (unlike sys 2 & 3) Just a comparison of the largest consumers. Sys 2 spoilers all together will take 18.4 GPM. Sys 1 gear (nose and body) retraction will peak at 65 GPM!!!Flap priority valves would be going craaazy. And there would be yet another placard: DO NOT OPERATE GEAR HANDLE WHILE TRAILING EDGE FLAPS ARE IN TRANSIT. Not to mention an EDP failure on 1 or 4.Corrections are welcome...I might be wrong.regards,delocm