Sign in to follow this  
Guest swanrunner

PMDG 747 Flight Planning

Guest swanrunner

Does someone know of a good flight planning program that can import routes into the 747 FMC? Thank youJohn Swanson

John:FSBuild is superb- there are other options. I love that you can then import into AS6.5 and get all your waypoint winds for accurate FUEL REM calcs. Also Ernie releases periodic AIRAC updates- a MUST if you are getting RW routings.http://www.fsbuild.com/Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest swanrunner

Carl:I checked out FSBuild and it looks like what I need. Just want to verify that it will work for the PMDG 747 FMC in FSX? Did not see it listed. Only showed NG737 which is not out for FSX yet.Thanks for your helpJohn SwansonQ6600 2.4G GE8500GT 512K Vista 64 6G RAM

It works for the 747, 747X and the 737.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest swanrunner

Carl Thanks for your advice. I got FSbuild yesterday. It works great after a little trial and error of trying to get the root directory set. Having only had my PMDG 747 less than a week I have just been flying local around the pattern getting used to the airplane and it's systems. Last night I took off on my first trip from Seattle to hong Kong. Fantastic flight! All the best. John Swanson

John:Welcome to the illness ;). Once you find yourself buying every book and DVD on the 744, scouring every web-site including eBay for the out of production Aerosoft glareshield complement, devising a plan to demonstrate how important it is for the home to have a CDU and daydreaming about nailing the turn to final on IGS13- my wife can recommend a therapist.Seriously, this is the start- the journey while long- is full of facination and wonder. Welcome!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper