Sign in to follow this  
Guest engheli

FMC routes

Guest engheli

is it possible to save a route programmed into the FMC, and then access said route at a later date?x( x(

Your first post, welcome!Please sign your name in this forum.Answer: Yes. It's covered in the AOM (lots to read but worth it).After EXEC, a LSB is available to COPY, which means it saves a copy in the flightplans directory with a filename like KLAXKJFK001. To use it later, enter the filename in the CO RTE position and the plan will be copied from the file into the FMC.Usually, you want to identify which aircraft your question refers to but in this case both work about the same way.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Unfortunately this apparently isn't covered in the manual. Quite some time ago, Tabs posted this answer to a similar query- I quote:"To save the route, go to RTE page 1 after activating the route and press LSK 5L RTE COPY- this stores the route and flashes the name it used, ie "KTUSKLAX001". "I would add- set up a note file to manually record saved flights for easy reference. I use a recipe card.Alex Reid

I asked this question a few weeks ago but didn't get a response - some time ago it was mentioned that there was plan to be able to list and select your saved routes in the 744 like you can in the 737. Is this still planned a some point?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Bill- If you go into Documents/Settings there is a file called, of all things, "Flight Simulator Files" in which are listed ALL Flight Plans!! For convenience, I put an ICON for this file on my desktop.But the recipe card is hard to beat!Yes it would be nice to have a convenient Flight Plan list. Alex Reid

Guest SkullxBones

>I asked this question a few weeks ago but didn't get a>response - some time ago it was mentioned that there was plan>to be able to list and select your saved routes in the 744>like you can in the 737. Is this still planned a some point?Yeah I was disappointed that this wasn't included in the last update, hopefully they haven't forgotten about it.Jeff P.

Guest tcable

I just use fsbuild with asx to generate a quasi ACARS plan :)Hey it is a sim...Load the rte and go.