Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joao Muas

HELP! I'M LOCKED INSIDE THE COCKPIT!

Guest Joao Muas

I'm fan of this Beech 1900D - top suff.Only thing is driving me crazy is I cannot open the cabin door on the VCC model.I tried the Concorde assignments (as written in the docs) either via ingame interface or FSUIPC, but no good.If its driven by an effect animation, I'm sure it's missing from the package.Can someone help, plz?

Hi there.Hope you have enough food and drink on board till someone comes and rescues you,I am a fan of this model too,but do not usually use the open door function so thought I would start from scratch and see how to find the correct keyboard function. I am using fs9 with win xp just incase.I went to Options, controls, assignments, and scrolled down to "select exit", and for my set up it is assigned to shift then E .did this whilst looking from the outside and the door with steps open just fine, and it says on the "banner" when the door is open or closed.hope this helps. If this is not what you wanted then please say.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Joao Muas

Thanks for your answer.It's not the exterior aircraft doors I'm talking about - those work perfectly, the main passenger door and the cargo too.I'm talking about the interior door that separates the cockpit from the passengers cabin. In VCC model, this door should open and you can see the passengers cabin. The manual says we must assign keyboard keys to the Concorde Extend/Retract Nose and the door would open/close using those keys. I tried that but it won't work.Can you try by yourself?

Hi,apologies for the misunderstanding. I tried as you said and sure it did not work, so this is what i did to make it work.again go to Options, Controls, Assignments, and scroll down to "Extend Concorde nose and visor fully", mine did not have a keyboard assignment for that so i made it Shift and ~. or any other key combination you would like, and it then worked fine when i pressed this combo from the virtual cabin. then choose something for Retract Concorde nose and visor fully to close them againregardsjohn calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Joao Muas

Yes, that's what it's suppose to do, but it doesn't work with me...Maybe it's because I'm in FSX. Although it's said that this is a FS9 only model, I got it working perfectly in FSX, corrected any slight misfunction except this one... which I don't know how to deal with.I just wish other FSX user could try it too, just to be sure it's a compatibility issue, cause I doubt it, all other moving parts work correctly, including the external doors...Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi Vinon fs9 in win xp, unless there is a hidden click spot that I cannot find, then clicking the doors does not work. It does work by assigning keyboard commands as per above. What is needed here is for someone to confirm in fsx that these doors will open using assigned keyboard commands, so that the original poster can determine if he has a fault with his installation or it is an fsx quirk that this does not work, as he stated originally that he understands that the plane was not made for fsx, but he has had good success using it on fsx apart from this one minor problem. Also for me anyways once i open the doors there is nothing there apart from the corridor to look at as I do not have any walk about software, so this may just be an academic knowledge post of does it or does it not work?regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Joao Muas

Not so academic at all, because in FSX you don't need that walk about software whatsoever; in FSX you can assign eyepoint movements so you can go anywhere inside the plane.Now the usefull part of it: I have already set up a camera in a passenger seat, third left, which is added to the scroll views chain, so I can be at the captain's seat, at first officer's and at a passenger seat all of them at the views chain called by key or stick command, or by the dropdown screen menu - it's quite common on some FSX aircraft addons to have a passenger cabin view, like the Wilco Airbus Collection, for example.What's the interest of that? Well, you can pan around and look how detailed those cabins are, and you can whatch through a passenger window those flaps down config, during an ILS autoland on touchdown - looks quite real.That's it. My only drawback is that when at that passenger seat, I look at the front and the cockpit door is closed... in the Wilco ERJ-145, you look at the cockpit from the passenger seat and you can even see the glass instruments, like when you're on those relaxed regional connection flights and you can even hear the pilots talking...So my Beech 1900D is performing quite well on FSX, but I feel like kicking that door apart!

Hi againFrom your description of what you have done with FSX, its beginning to make me re-think whether to buy it, then of course I would want all my high definition planes to be bought for fx. Main reason for answering is to keep your post at the top, I am surprised that in this forum no one else has been able to confirm if those doors work in fsx from the keyboard commands with the 1900D. Guess because its not supported, the team cannot confirm, but hopefully someone will. I did not realise you could configure fsx to do so much.best regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg