Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

Pirated Files from http://www.fsclub.com.ar/

This message comes up on their webpageEste sitio ha sido mudado a otro servidor. Could someone translate please...Thanks Rick Sasala

I think it says their site has been moved to another server.Scott

Guest eko

"This site has been moved to a different server."I've written a pretty lengthy post regarding this at fs.com, and one of the points I made there was that there was no recourse unless we attacked their US service provider in Las Vegas, as they would be the only party that could be held accountable to US laws regarding this matter.It seems that our "friends" in Buenos Aires either read it, or have figured it out on their own, and are probably relocating the site to a local provider in Argentina. That's my intuition.Here is the URL for my post at fs.com, if somebody is interested in reading it. It's at the bottom.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/27026.html

Yes I've read that and I was going to take action of my own tomorrow, as I live in Vegas and was going to pay a visit to the company providing the service for these folks as It's just across town. But now I guess I don't have to although this doesn't solve the problem, it just dissapears for awhile and pops up on someone else's server.Thanks Rick Sasala

Guest eko

Might not be a bad idea to stop by that place anyway, if anything, to see if they still have an account with them, and at the very least to politely "warn" the service provider how much hot water they could get into by hosting sites such as those. :-)

If the economy is like it is and people arepoverty stricken like they are how in the worldhow can they afford to buy a computer to installthe pirated software and the MS FlightSim(whichthey also have to buy) on???

Guest eko

Well, not everybody is poverty stricken, but they certainly don't have the kind of cash flow that we have here in the US, for example. I was just pointing out some facts that go towards understanding the mindset that exists in a country like Argentina, where software piracy is rampant. I would fathom to guess, that the majority of FS2002 copies that are being used in Argentina, were acquired at probably much less than full retail price. :-)A computer and internet connection is a luxury for many in Argentina. For others, (and there are "haves" and "have-nots" everywhere in this world), it is a given that they have one.I don't even think twice about downloading that latest 8 meg freeware offering. I have a cable modem, and three computers. Life is good. If my situation were such that I have a darn expensive modem dialup that drops constantly and is unreliable. I wouldn't mind paying somebody for downloading all the files for me, burning them on a CD and delivering them to my house. I am talking strictly as a consumer here.Would this situation be viewed differently if we knew for a fact that the makers of the CD's were charging just enough to cover their costs? Maybe. But why not let somebody make a buck or two for providing this service? Are they selling the freeware files, or simply selling the service?Of course, we must mention that they SHOULD have gotten permission from all the authors whose work is included in the CD's. This is inexcusable, and given the software piracy mindset in Argentina, I am not surprised they ommitted that step... sadly.

Guest GabrielR

Sadly this does not happen only in argentina, There's a completly lack of policies against the piracy from the very border between Mexico and USA all the way to the south to Argentina, in my country, in south America, wich has a better economy than Argentina in this moment, the Piracy is a complete "culture" from software, to Music, clothing, food, whatever you imagine can be altered and sold without taking respect of the copy right laws existing, and I don't blame them, there's nothing else to work on, the goverment does not say anything at all about it, there is no law enforcement of any kind.I have not been to Argentina, but in Colombia an internet conexion is very cheap, US $11 a month, unlimited time, half the price than average here in the states, for those that do not have a connection, access to internet is as easy as going across the street to one of the "zillion" internet cafes in the city where you pay 80 cents for 2 hours of a broadband connection, the "crappy" dial up connections are no different than the one I'm using right now here in USA. anyway, whatever the reasons are, there will not ever be full justification for getting money using other's work. Sorry for my 101 english