Sign in to follow this  
Guest tiffernine

744 V1.2 - can't arm app. mode on MCP !?

Guest tiffernine

Hi,after installing patch 1.2 I am not able to arm or activate the app. Mode on the MCP. I have attached a screenshot where you can see, that the ILS frequency is active, but I can't activate the appr. mode. This problem also occurs on other airports, it is not airport specific. I changed the aircraft after this screenshot to LDS 767 and I could activate the appr. mode without any problems. I have no idea to solve this problem.Thanks for your advice.regardsAlfred

Your above the ILS you need to intercept below.Rob

Rob Prest

You can only arm/activate the ILS the same way as LNAV. The plane needs to be in a position where its facing the LOC. Otherwise youll get a FMC message saying " NAV INVALID ".

>> The plane needs to be in a position where its facing the LOC. >> Otherwise you'll get a FMC message saying " NAV INVALID ".This isn't true.@Alfred: something is up for sure. Did you try engaging the AP and trying it then? Actually I'll go try it myself now and shall let you know. :)Are failures enabled? It's the only thing I can think of.EDIT: I can engage APP with FD on only and valid ILS frequency.Best regards,Robin.

I just put version 1.2 on as well, my AP followed the approach just fine the other day. I notice that your AP is not engaged in your first JPG and you have ALT HOLD set. Did you disengage it before you took the screenshot? One warning about a problem I ran into. PMDG updated the AIRAC data to version 0802 with this update, but not the SIDSTARS. That may be causing you a problem. Try manually entering the ILS frequency in the FMC and see if the approach works then.Kim

Hi there AlfredI'm not an expert, but to me it seems like you haven't entered the landing data on the "INIT REF" page in the FMC.If you take a look at your lower right corner of the left PFD, you will see a yellow message saying "NO TDZ", this means that the FMC and autopilot doesn't have enough info to initiate "APP" mode.As I said I'm not an expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong guys.Have nice dayRegards Audun Sj

Guest tiffernine

Hi Guys,thanks four your help and suggestions.Please remember: This was a short manual flight with only A/T, no AP and FMC used, tuned ILS frequeny manual in the FMC, ILS frequency signal is ok and indicated on PFD, ND is ok and LOC and GS signal is indicated but I am not able to couple/arm the FD with the MCP mode LOC or APP mode. I had the same problems on other airports.Do you have any further ideas

Well, besides the fact that you are incredibly fast (> 240 KIAS!!) for that configuration, I see nothing wrong... LOC and APP should engage.There has been at least one weird thing w.r.t. to the MCP since the update... in particular, people have reported problems (and it's happened to me a couple of times) engaging VNAV on climb out.My hunch is that there is some slight procedural snafu that is causing the MCP to become "corrupt". You could try disengaging both FDs and the AP, then reengage.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

I agree with Bill, you are going much too fast for a landing approach, but still, that shouldn't stop the AP from locking in on the glideslope as long as you're below it when you try to capture it. I still don't see any command buttons on the AP mode panel lighted, at least from your screenshot, which indicates the AP was not engaged at the time. Does the APP button even light up when you press it during the approach? Maybe you can get better screenshot at the moment the AP misses the approach.Kim

Guest tiffernine

Hi folks,I found a solution. I assigend a key command to the MCP APP mode and suddenly the APP mode engaged. I discovered that every time I clicked on the APP button, my joystick disconnected !?. So there must be something wrong with the APP clickspot on the MCP.Any ideas for that ?RegardsAlfred

Does your joystick have a button assigned to that function that you don't know about and it's sending spurious button presses? Weird! How do you know it's your joystick disconnecting the APP button?Kim

Guest Allan_Faergemann
Hi folks, I found a solution. I assigend a key command to the MCP APP mode and suddenly the APP mode engaged. I discovered that every time I clicked on the APP button, my joystick disconnected !?. So there must be something wrong with the APP clickspot on the MCP. Any ideas for that ? Regards Alfred
I do know this tpic is old. But I now have the exact same problem. PMDG 744 V1.2 Everything is setup corectly and trible checked :( But when pressing the loc button nothing happens. Exept that my joystick gets disabled, when I press loc again the joystick gets enabled again. This can be confirmed by clicking the loc button and the opening the options menu and point to controls where it's visible that the stick is disabled, and vice verca.Another spooky thing is that when flying its like the aircraft sends commands to the joystick. I have a microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback2 and it detects when you hand is on it and comfirms by a little red light getting brighter. Normally when not touching the stick the light i faint red. But when flying the 744 the red light goes up and down in strenght, even with me well clear of the joystick. I have flown the 744 before without any problems, but now on a fresh install this happends. Have tried to reinstall but the problem is still there. Any thoughts anyone?? RegardsAllanEDIT:I do think it must be the clickspots because when asigning a key to loc and app they work fine. I have tried to reinstall and recalibrate the joystick still with no results