Sign in to follow this  
Guest al2000

Mission ideas for PMDG Boeing 747

Guest al2000

I don't know if there are any missions available for the 747 but it would be nice if some can be made one day. One thing that would be good would be a grading system as well. I have often landed my 747 and wondered how well did I really do when I landed it compared to how a real pilot would have done it. I often make mistakes like forgetting to arm the speed brakes or something or other. Also when I land it seems like I landed OK but perhaps I landed at a poor angle or hit the runway much harder than a real pilot would ever do. It would be quite good if some kind of monitor could be added to monitor how well I perform takeoffs and landings as well as general flight. Something that would tell me if I landed on the runway at a good angle with nose in proper place, and within safety parameters. Also, it would be fun to be tested on landing and taking off on extremely short runways so you have to be on the ball. For example a mission where the pilot has to divert to a very short runway in an emergency and has to land it safely and brake heavily in order to save his passengers.Just thought I would throw these ideas out there and maybe one day PMDG might be able to do something like this if they can get around to it.Al

Al,It'd be a while before we ever got around to something like that, but I know people use something called FSPassengers that offers those types of things.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest al2000

Hey thanks Ryan that FSPassengers looks great. I gotta get it!Al

FSPassengers is perfect for getting information on your pitch angle and also your v/s at touchdown. My recomendation is to disable the crash mode in FSP though because it's just a bit over sensitive. There's nothing worse than spending 10 hours on a flight and being told you crashed with a -500fpm touchdown and then being sent back to your departure airport. Also, disable the weight control in FSP because it can really cause problems. What I used to do is load the aircraft, then go in to the loadout screed and copy the passenger numbers and transfer them into the PMDG load manager. Then I'd get the cargo information from the load manager and put that into FSP. It may sound complicated, but just be glad you don't have to go through any associated paperwork. Even as a student pilot, it's crazy!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest al2000

Thanks a lot for the tips. It should be fun. But I can see I still have quite a ways to go to fully know what I am doing with the aircraft. This is a real great forum.Al