Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

747 Engine Sounds

Hi,I was wondering: does the engine sounds from the flight deck sound the same for all 3 engine variants, or is this just something to do with the sim?I've noticed that when starting a PW vs. the RR from the flight deck, that there is a sound of (what I presume) is low frequency vibration during spool-up, which isn't present with the RR.Upon application of full thrust, both engine types sound the same. Is this correct?Just curious! :)Best regards,Robin.

Robin,Which version - FSX or FS9? Do you have the 744F? Fully up-to-date?All I can comment on is my experience with the FS9 744/744F and the latest update, whereby the engines sound different throught all phases of operation.Sorry I can't be of more help, a little more ifno as per above and we'll see what else we can do. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark,FS2004.It's a clean install - I installed V1.10 of the 744, then the 744F, then the V1.2 update (apparently it is all-encompassing).Apart from the startup/shutdown, there is little (if any) discernible difference in the sound between versions.Best regards,Robin.

Do a serach on avsim for the 747 RB211 superpack it's the best sound pack out there.

Rob Prest

>Do a serach on avsim for the 747 RB211 superpack it's the>best sound pack out there.With such a good soundset already provided by PMDG I can't imagine this being better, but each to their own I guess.Robin, based on your up-to-date installation, you should be hearing different sounds in each engine variant, though this is from the perspective of having flown many, many hours on this aircraft. If you're new to the aircraft you might not have noticed it yet. I haven't flown much PW, but I fly a mix of RR and GE and could tell you which variant I was in with my eyes closed.If you're certain the sounds are the same perhaps there is an issue to address?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yep the PMDG soundset is good but I think you should give it a try mark, altough I tweaked some of the wav files on my setup...Realistic systems are top priority for me, the next is the soundset, or sounds in general :) been playing guitar for around 20 years now , My surround sound system alone for my PC set me back

Rob Prest