Sign in to follow this  
Guest ahmed30

A problem about Pmdg 747-400

Guest ahmed30

Hi guys I have installed the wonderfull queen of skies Pmdg 747-400.but i have problems with it. Some times when i am controlling the aircraft , and i contact the ATC or when i am on final and just landed ,the game freeze. it goes blank . and then after a while the "don't send" message appear and the fs9 closed.that makes me mad. :@ :@beside that i find the game became slower when playing with the pmdg 747.I am using Windows XPpentium 4 , 3.2 g. 1 MB cacheVGa 128 mb .so , any helps how to get the 747 not freeze ?? :Sthanks alot guys

May we have your name please. Forum rules.By any chance, does the lockup occur when you change frequency? I used to experience problems with FS9 when using comm radios (in any aircraft PMDG or default).Another idea, since the lockup occurs after landing, does it happen at any airport? Any sceneries that you may have added?Do you have any other add-ons running in FS9? Try eliminating all those to see if the lockups occur.Finding the problem is a matter of elimination. The 747 Queen should not be crashing your system.As for the slow frame rate: Yes. I also have a P4 3.2GHz but I have 2Mb memory and 256Mb video and the PMDG 747 will slow it down, but I have tweaked it to eliminate almost all stuttering and it is sufficient. I'd like a more powerful computer but there's other priorities right now.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ahmed30

sry my name is ahmed adel.and i believe that it freeze when the ATC contact me .i remember one time i was flying and i found the ATC window shows me an option "Cancel landing attentions" -note that i didn't request to land- any way , when i choosed that option , it freeze ...i have couble of aircrafts add on. and FSPassengers and the ultimate night enviroment. i believe that all.

I have also noticed that FS9 will freeze once in a while not just with the 744, but other complicated addons as well. Sometimes it freezes when I select some options with ATC and sometimes when I try to do multiple things at once like making a turn while slowing down and extending flaps. I have found a simple solution that does the trick:Next time the sim freezes press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the task manager. Imediately close the task manager and hit Alt + Tab to go back to Flight sim. It should unfreeze then and if not try it again.

How much RAM do you have?Judging by your other specs you're running a very old machine... 128MB video cards are pretty ancient.Could be an out of memory (OOM) situation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ahmed30

I have 1 GB DDR2 Ramand i do not think that my computer is slow. bec. FS9 was fast and not freezing. I will try to remove all the add on and stick with fspassengers and the pmdg.may be i will reinstall it.Also thanks for the tip about making the game unfreeze by opening the task manger and close it again. I will try that.

That is a very slow machine by today's standards actually. I would think about doing a hardware upgrade soon if you can. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, P45 motherboard, 4GB of DDR2, and a Radeon 4850 or 4570 512MB would be good choices.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

1 GB of system RAM and 128 megs of VRAM is not really enough to run FS with the PMDG aircraft very well. The single Pentium 3.2 processor should be enough for the PMDG aircraft if you don't have complex add-on scenery packages. If you can't afford a new computer, maybe you can try to upgrade to 2 GB's of system RAM and a newer video card with at least 512 megs of VRAM.Kim

I can certainly endorse 2GB RAM- plus setting Virtual Memory to Let System Manage. Also keep AI below 30 and turn off Autogen. I can run the PMDG 744 quite nicely this way on a 5 yr old AMD XP2200 1.8 with GeForceFX5200 128MB cards producing triple views on triple monitors.Alex ReidKSFO-CYVR Dawn- Quiet Two Departurehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190961.jpg

Guest ssf

This same problem have hapen to me I do recomend saving the game time to time , because it is really frustrating when sistem shuts down right before landing I could provably say this is caused due to averloading on the graphics card and heat unfotunatelly the best graphic cards are very expensive so I'll have to deal with it.