Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Interesting 744 Throttle "Issue"

Hi,I was messing around with asymmetric thrust yesterday, and noticed that if I select only Engine 3, opening the power increases engine 1 approx. 1:3 of eng 3.If I select engine 4, eng. 2 opens approx. 1:2 of eng 4.Try it and let me know if you see the same. I selected each engine by pressing e+1, etc..Best regards,Robin.

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying (no doubt my fault, not yours :()Are you saying the thrust increase on the functioning engine/s is less for inboard engine failure? Or... more compensatory thrust is required for thrust loss on outboard engines?Thanks.Cheers.Q>

hi robin,i am in the middle of trying this out,am cruising at 5000ft 210knts flaps 10 and when i select control of any individual engine using E+1,2,3or4 i do not notice any change in the thrust output of any of the other engines,all other three stay exactly the same,i have tryed this with the A/P off and on,and also with autothrottle off/on but do not notice any assymetric thrust being applied to any engine except the one i am manually commanding.i also tried this out on a short flight from egll/egcc using LNAV/VNAV and again which ever engine i asked to increase thrust was the only one that received more thrust.ihave now tried shuting down engine #2 and applying max thrust to eng #1 whilst leaving engines three and four to the autothrottle and if anything when i apply more throttle to eng #1 the remaining engines are reduced in output by the autothrottle as it is always trying to fly to the commanded speeds and altitudes set on the MCP.i could be wrong but my guess is maybe faulty joystick or something? are you using the keyboard to apply extra thrust or a joystick? i was doing it using F1,F2,F3 and F4.also in real life i cant really see an advantage to the aircraft doing this anyway,in what situation would you want apply thrust to one engine manually?whether on A/P or manual flight surely the rudder trim and extra thrust on all remaining engines is enough to compensate for any engine failure, have just noticed the age of this thread!!!!regards terry

I read about this same issue a while back on the FSUIPC forum (over a year). Pete had mentioned in that post that he would try and fix it but at the time there wasn't that many of us seeing it. I had the same issue at the time with the #3 & smaller variations in the #4. So from what I remember this is an FSUIPC. If I get time later I'll try and find the post and see if there has been any update, but recommend you look there.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I can't seem to find the post I was referring to. *Correction to my 1st post: "So from what I remember this is an FSUIPC issue".

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier