Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Weird problem with thorttles

Here's the situation.I was cruising at flight level 350, VNAV and LNAV enganged holding altitude to the foot, holding the plan on ND to the nm, just enjoying the scenery(thanks to ground environment an Flight environment). All of a sudden I get an overspeed, take a glance at the airspeed indicator and notice 350knots AND CLIMBING. I click the speed button on the MCP to see if it would do anything but doesnt do to the fact that im in vnav mode. after a while i realize that vnav was not holding my speed, but i myself was controlling the speed for some reason, even being in vnav.Anyone run into this or know what's ghoing on. Thanks, much appreciated.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

A name is much appreciated, and required in this forum.What were you using for weather? Both FS9 and FSX have the same horrible weather engine, and do not model wind variations in a realistic manner. Wow, 350KIAS at FL350 must be above Mach 1.The current FSUIPC (registered versions) do a good job of tamming the wind/temp/press weirdness.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Here's the situation.>>I was cruising at flight level 350, VNAV and LNAV enganged>holding altitude to the foot, holding the plan on ND to the>nm, just enjoying the scenery(thanks to ground environment an>Flight environment). All of a sudden I get an overspeed, take>a glance at the airspeed indicator and notice 350knots AND>CLIMBING. I click the speed button on the MCP to see if it>would do anything but doesnt do to the fact that im in vnav>mode. after a while i realize that vnav was not holding my>speed, but i myself was controlling the speed for some reason,>even being in vnav.>>Anyone run into this or know what's ghoing on. >>Thanks, much appreciated.You can control your own speed in VNAV using speed interviene. While in VNAV click on the white wheel under the speed window to display the speed. Click on the same wheel to let VNAV control your speed. See the 2 pics below:Vnav using speed interviene:speedintervienecopy.jpgVNAV without speed interviene:VNAVwithoutspeedintervienecopy.jpg

Guest ahmed30

hi there Just a question , u were speeding the game" 16x or above" Because i believe that the airplane get really mad when i turn the speed on.

If you have the 747 Queen for FS9, be sure to 'uncheck' the throttles and controls override boxes in the AFDS section in your PMDG options if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC that will allow you to set good 'null zones' for your controllers. Electrical spikes from your controllers can silently (no alarm) disengage the A/T for one or all engines, leaving the throttles to advance or retard to whatever position you set them at on your controller at takeoff. In my case with a 4 lever throttle quadrant, single engines were disengaging at inopportune times, usually two and four. Frustrating to say the least.Kim

Yes the Queen does get mighty angry at you if you accelerate more than 4x speed.

Sorry Dan for not posting my name. It is Gerry, But I refuse to post last name sorry, if that's a problem I guess ill have to carry on, but in no way should I need to post my last name.I was using activesky for weather, but ill have to check my afds settings and see what's in there. Maybe I accidently pushed the throttles and that disable autothrottles. i wasnt using any time accel(it's a rule in my books to not use it as it takes away from realism :) )Im gonna go try a few things mentioned above and ill report back to let you know.Thank you very much for the help.Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Gerry, just your first name is fine I'm sure.On occasion in the 744 (FS9) if I go to the weather menu in FS itself, when I return the two inboard engines spool down momentarily then up again, at that point VNAV disengages and all four engines go up to the CRZ limit. I have to reselect VNAV again to get everything back on track.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg