Sign in to follow this  
richardlepage

PMDG 737-800 Memory issues

HII have a problem when using the PMDG 737-800 model in that it seems to have a memory leak. When using the -800 model 2D cockip only and monitor the page file usage with windows task manager it gradually keeps creeping up from about 890Mb to over 1.5GB over time and then gives an out of memory error.I have tested with the -700 model also and dont get the same problem or with other payware of free ware A/cCant understand why this happens only with the 800 model as they both use the same panel.Does anyone else have this problem.Ive checked all the scenery folders for landclass textures folders as these cause memory leaks and all seems ok.Its a bit bafflingAny info RegardsRichard

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Richard, I'm afraid this is an issue that has plagued a number of folks and has been a topic of much discussion. Very recently in fact, as you will see. There are a number of potential fixes for this, though the manner in which they are applied and the extent to which they are successful depends on a number of factors. One of the fixes is the 3GB switch. Just do a search here, in the FS9 forum, the FSX forum, and the hardware forum for OOM, CTD, and 3GB switch.I know it does look like a memory leak but, if it were, I would think that that leak would still be there no matter how much memory is available. The 3GB switch works for me. I haven't had an OOM since I applied it. If it's a leak, it somehow seals itself between 2 and 2.5 GB.Best of Luck,Jeff

Yes I have noticed that there has been much discussion on this topic but it appears all to be related to the 747,havent seen anything related to the 737 but as they are both by PMDG the problem probably exists with both.I do have the 3GB switch but as i have Cloud 9 AMS installed I cant use the switch as its not compatible with cloud 9 scenery.You get an error message when starting FS and then it aborts after closing the message.the way around this is to deactivate cloud 9 AMS then use the 3GB switch I believe there is a 3GB switch file thats compatible with cloud9 scenery but cant find it.May do this when not flying to Amsterdamand see what happens.Thanks for the infoRegardsRichard

Hello guys,Usually memory issues are related to texture problems... have you installed the provided model update for the 737-800/900 models on the PMDG website? be sure you have that installed...Also, this becomes a repetitive question, but do you have FS9.1 installed? It deals with some Scenery and Landclass issues.Lastly, go to Control Panel>Add remove Programs> and tell me what C++ redistributable you have.... should update it to C++ Redistributable 2005 SP1 (x86)Just look into those things.

Guest Jeffhew

I think AES has the same problem. I don't use either though so I'm afraid I couldn't offer any informed opinion there. Come to think of it, alot of the posts do relate to the Queen don't they? I don't know, after reading the myriad of posts on the topic, here and at other sites, I just drew the conclusion that it wasn't really product specific. I hope you can work it out.Cheers,Jeff

I have AES installed and dont get any problems there.The problem is with cloud9 sceneries.When you install one of their airports eg.AMS in installs a file called Bglman.dll in the modules folder. this gives an additional entry at the top of FS for adjusting scenery complexity etc.however this blgman.dll isnt compatible with the 3GB switch fs9exe file.you get a error message when you start fs giving this file as the problem and then aborts FS when you clear the message.I have read there is a blgman.dll file available that is compatible with the fs9exe 3GB swith file however i am unable to find it.If anyone understands what I am going on about and knows where this file is please post a link.The way I get around this is to rename the blgman.dll to blgman.dll.bak then fs loads however any cloud 9 airport you have installed wont display without the dll file.not particularly a problem as i only have AMS and dont fly there that often.not particularly good FPS for me im afraid.If I want to fly to AMS i remane the dll and use the original fs9exebut then you have more chance of OOM errors, especially with PMDG models.regardsRichard