Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

737NG Flap Sound

Hi guys,I've got a flap sound for the 737 which I'd like to use with the PMDG 737 panel, along with the flap handle.The retraction/extension sound can usually be heard from the cabin.However this seems to more tricky than expected.I edited the sound.cfg accordingly, but the sound is repeated like 10 times although the flap setting is already reached.I also operate a flap sound on the Level-D 767, all I can say is it works perfectly, meaning that the sound immediately stops as soon as the flaps are retracted/extended.I'd like to achieve this with the PMDG 737.Any help is appreciated.Regards,

Hello Marius,I have exactly the same problem, now I'm pretty used to it, it doesn't bother me that much but I know what you mean. I get around 3 repeats per flap setting.However as much as I tried I couldn't correct it, I don't know if we're using the same sound package but it seems the sound file is configured that way.

Thx for your reply.I actually use a real world flap sound which I cut out of video or something... but that doesn't matter here.As already mentioned, it works just like it should on the LVD 767 or PSS 777. The sounds stops just when it is supposed to stop, irrespective of how long the actual wav file is.So I guess it's an issue with the aircraft (in this case PMDG 737) itself.Maybe someone from the PMDG team can clear this up...

>So I guess it's an issue with the aircraft (in this case PMDG>737) itself.>>Maybe someone from the PMDG team can clear this up...Hmmm..., I doubt we'll get any help from PMDG since we're out of the default sound file but with some luck, someone could have a solution.

You need to replace the "PMDG_Flap_Handle.wav" file with the one that you want to use. It's in Flight Simulator 9SoundPMDG737tng folder. I hope they make the sounds better with the NG2.0, but now Lefteris is gone and I wonder who is going to complete the NG2.0 project.. Just what i need after the axp320 fiasco :(Regards,Bozhan LTBA

>You need to replace the "PMDG_Flap_Handle.wav" file with the>one that you want to use. It's in Flight Simulator>9SoundPMDG737tng folder. >>I hope they make the sounds better with the NG2.0, but now>Lefteris is gone and I wonder who is going to complete the>NG2.0 project.. Just what i need after the axp320 fiasco :(>>Regards,>Bozhan >LTBA>Well,sounds are definitely not problem for me...I replaced alot of them with the stuff I'm having like cut-offs from aviation DVDs.Maybe I'm wrong, but the issue could be in technique of the addon itself :-hmmm About the 737:I've also been looking forward to the 737NG v2 for a long time, especially to the new no-eyebrow cockpit style of Boeing 737NG aircraft... looks really good in my opinion :9I hope they can complete it some time.Well, you definitely don't need to be sad about the AXP A320.Take a look at Airsimmer. They appear to be alot better than AXP ever was... although release date still unknown (maybe this year)...

Bozhan, good to see a fellow LTBA here, thank you very much for your effort, however I couldn't get it to work, I replaced the file and renamed it PMDG_Flap_Handle but instead I got a continuous trim sound. No problem, I'm very happy with the way it is anyway.Same here, concerning sounds, I tried a lot of sound packages for my 737, I did a lot of tweaking and modifing and I currently use realistic sounds (from what I've heard in real world 737 videos) for trim, engine, callouts...etc.I think the flap setting sound has something to do with the default sound configuration too...I'm sure the NG 2.0 is pretty well covered as far as developping goes, well at least I hope it is!!As for the Airbus issue, I agree with Marius, the Airsimmer version looks very promissing and if all goes well it should be on the market soon.

Guys, this trick works with the PMDG's default sounds as it's configured in a different way than the other planes. It's using a blank sound file to trick the FS9 and plays their own flap lever sound via their gauge, like the GPWS sounds and other stuff. If you're replacing or modifying the default sounds you should keep the original [FLAPS] section of the original sound.cfg file, otherwise you'll get a continuous flap or flap lever movement sound. Bozhan