Sign in to follow this  
DLP084

Ooms, Ctds And Maybe More ...,from Oliver Pabst (AES Developer)

Thanks Jan-Paul:Will check in on this issue periodically as I have uninstalled Aerosoft's EGLL after several CTDs and OOMs........ its home base for me and I miss it!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FSGS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | Bose Companion 5 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Interesting!! The problem with the Kai Tak scenery leaking memory was with the Landclass file!!!I'll go through FS later and shall see what I find WRT other scenery (I've got a pretty clean install at the moment - only 3 scenery add-ons and a couple of aircraft).:DBest regards,Robin.

Robin,Which Kai Tak version are you referring to, 9 Dragons or FlyTampa, and which LC file is misplaced?Kim

FlyTampa.There was a memory leak issue with the FlyTampa version that was traced to the landclass file. The beta update fixes that, plus a few other things (it's still in development at the moment).I'd moved the landclass file that was created as a result of the memory leak problem entirely, but I've now put the file lc_hk.bgl in its own folder (FS2004SceneryVHHX_LCscenery) and added an entry into the scenery.cfg file for it. Because the texture folder doesn't exist, it shouldn't be a problem.I'm still testing FS. It'll be another few days before I can say whether or not it's fixed.So far:VHHX->EGLL in the 744 = CTDLevel-D 767 = NO CTD.Best regards,Robin.

Hi,A quick update.Flying VHHX - EGLL.I've removed all the 3rd party landclasses I can find (notably those for VHHX and UNNT 2008 (freeware scenery available from AVSIM.ru).I'll be flying over 6 add-on scenery areas on this flight, including:VHHXUNNTUUEEEHAMVisual Flight LondonEGLL.I don't have add-on mesh installed yet, and as far as I can tell, VFL doesn't have landclass.It'll be another 10-11 hours from this post that I will arrive in Heathrow, but I won't be able to get back to the sim for approx. 8 hours after that (I have it set to pause at ToD), so if you were going to hang around for an answer, you'll be waiting a while. ;)So far peak memory usage by FS2004 was 850Mb, with current sat at 650Mb.If the landclass is the problem, at least we know where we're going!! :DBest regards,Robin.

YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!NO CTD!!! :D :DI simply removed all add-on landclass. Kai Tak -> Heathrow, no probs.Peak mem usage remained the same throughout the flight, with current memory usage at Heathrow sat at 590Mb (down from 650Mb earlier in the flight).Peak mem usage was 892Mb, I think at Kai Tak.THANKYOU!! :DBest regards,Robin.