Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_m

PMDG- You've messed up my (sim) life!

Guest j-mo

Big time!Here's why. Rewind:Until a couple of years ago, I enjoyed flying airliners, although I never had any of your products (sorry!). But I gradually lost interest and actually stopped simming altogether for about nine months. Then I decided to acquire a quality GA aircraft (Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche) and, lo and behold, fell in love with the hobby again. After learning the plane, I began a RTW trip. It was the old Around the World Buzz... a nice 70,000+ mile exploration of FSX. I was once again loving my virtual life! But... about 51,000 miles into it, there is an lengthy leg of over 2,000 miles that retraces some lackluster African scenery. So, I decided to hire a virtual ferry pilot to fly the TwinCo, while I flew something else... and that's when things changed.Fast forward-Now, I bought your 747-400 more than six months ago, thinking one day I might get interested in airliners again, but it just sat on my shelf. I never even installed it(!), although I have lurked in this forum for more than a year.So... I figured that since my ferry pilot would take at least 12 hours getting to my destination, I could take that much time installing and learning the 747.It's now been two weeks since I have flown ANYTHING besides the 747-400. My daily routine involves pulling RW routes from Flightaware, and planning and then duplicating the flight, letting Active Sky duplicate the weather from the day it was actually flown. I seem to be doing fine with procedures and protocols, including modifying the FMC in response to whatever Radar Contact throws at me.I must say (as countless others have) that your 747 is, in my opinion, the absolute best airliner add-on!I'm not sure when, or if, I'll go back to my RTW project, although I really hope I'll finish it sometime. Anyway, thanks a lot, PMDG, for messing up my sim life!

Guest Oz_Animal

Well done AlexA truly fantastic post. (Silly you for leaving her on the shelf for all that time though) :)Steve

Alex-I'm glad we were able to play our part in ruining your around the world trip. :-)Welcome back to simming!Wait until you see the MD-11... If you think the 400 is addicting... wow... you ain't seen nothing yet. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>Wait until you see the MD-11... If you think the 400 is>addicting... wow... you ain't seen nothing yet. :-)>>Yeah, we're all waiting Robert :-)lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Please Robert,don't rub our noses in it...We're all impatient to the brink of nervous breakdown....And how many times can one browse through the screenhots and view the preview...?anyhow, I still love all the aircraft ever designed by PMDG. Even the humble 1900D/C and I can't wait to get my hands on the MD-11.happy landingsLuc BrusselmansBadger - Belgium

Guest j-mo

>Wait until you see the MD-11...Robert-Are you serious? You guys are working on an MD-11? This is fantastic news! When were you going to let the community know? :-eek Actually, I can't believe you used the words wait and MD-11 in your reply! Talk about hijacking a thread! Of course we're all waiting! :-yellow1 Now, about that 737 NGX... ;)

Guest Oz_Animal

Hey AlexYou know everytime someone asks about the 737 (or any other aircraft), they get delayed for another 38 seconds each time (due to the time it takes Robert and the guy's to read the posts)**Stop it** LOLNow we have both delayed the 737 for another 76 seconds...ROFLSteve

Guest j-mo

>Hey Alex>>You know everytime someone asks about the 737 (or any other>aircraft), they get delayed for another 38 seconds each time>(due to the time it takes Robert and the guy's to read the>posts)**Stop it** LOL>>Now we have both delayed the 737 for another 76>seconds...ROFL>>>SteveSteve-Don't blame me... Robert started it, so I figured the work had to be on somebody else's desktop! LOL!

Guest Mower

If you think the 400 is>addicting... wow... you ain't seen nothing yet. :-)Well I cannot fathom how you can improve upon the 744x but time will tell.

Hey Alex, Yes, the PMDG birds simply have no rival. Legaue of their own.And, Radar Contact is a fine product.But... you won't know TRUE addiction until you've flown with an online ATC network, like VATSIM of IVAO (my personal preference is VATSIM). With these fanatics, it's truly "as real as it gets"!!- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest j-mo

Hi, Bill-Thanks for the post. I'm fully aware of VATSIM. It's just that I've seen so many mixed reviews (coverage, controller quality, etc.) that I've never been real motivated to try it if it's 'hit and miss.' Personal preference, really, I'm not knocking it as I know many thoroughly enjoy it.I may give it a whirl one of these days, but for now I'm trying to work out a couple of my kinks in the 747.Cheers!