Sign in to follow this  
Guest j25

737NG: beeping as soon as standby power is switched on

Guest jasp25@gmail.com

Hello!I am excited to try out PMDG's 737NG.. I read and watched some guide videos on how to use it but I have a problem: when I turn on the Standby Power Switch a wild beeping sounds.. it's not the fire alarm but an annoying "beeep, beeep, beeep". On a cold, dark flightdeck, first thing I do is turn on the power switch and then the beeping happens as soon as I switch on the standby power switch.. and it doesn't stop until I close the FS9 program.. so what's going on?? can someone help? big thanks!-jasp

Your throttles are probably not fully closed.Karsten

>Your throttles are probably not fully closed.>>KarstenYeah, I'd be willing to bet that is the case...Tim

Guest jasp25@gmail.com

You are right, it was the throttle!!! (seems like I already flunked my first checkride even before starting the aircraft! LOL) This PMDG thing is very intimidating.. but I can feel that soon I will look back and realize how "flat" default MSFS aircraft are... Thanks y'all!! Have fun in the blue skies and land safely! *ding* -jasp

It is intimidating, yes.But as soon as you have mastered the systems of the 737, and by that I mean actually knowing what the switches do and not simply which ones you have to flip in what order, you will be able to learn and fly the systems of all Boeing types in a handstroke. And even learning to fly types from different manufactures is easy as pie as soon as you know what exactly you are doing.-Karsten

>It is intimidating, yes.>>But as soon as you have mastered the systems of the 737, and>by that I mean actually knowing what the switches do and not>simply which ones you have to flip in what order, you will be>able to learn and fly the systems of all Boeing types in a>handstroke. And even learning to fly types from different>manufactures is easy as pie as soon as you know what exactly>you are doing.>>-KarstenI absolutely agree with that, especially concerning the FMC. I'm sure bigger Boeings are more complexe in terms of other systems but once you get a grip of the FMC, it's logic actually, then it's easier with Boeing and other aircaft. That said, the MD-11 is already intimidating me with it's 800 something page manual, once it's out I bet this forum's going to be very busy.