Sign in to follow this  
waynelp

FMC "not in data base"

Greetings, Using Windows xp, fs9, have PMDG 747 and 737 all models. Now, I can't seem to load any nav data in the FMC's. All airports entries come up with the same "not in database" The FMC show the NAV DATA9 AIRAC-0313 DEC 25 JAN21/04 loaded. I am following the manual page for page and when it gets to the entering of an airport in "not in database" comes up.Am I missing something? I have reloaded and all looks ok. All seems to be in order in database files and such. Following the advise from the manual it says update files by going to Navdata.at and download file the "All in one installer" to update. Well, I can't see that either on the site.Just a little frustrated here.Thanks.

Wayne L Pierce
737 # 162444;777 #305562 JS41; B1900; B747; 737NG; MD11
My Computer; WIN7 SP1, P3dv3.2, 16GB  I-7 3.50ghz processors, Nvidia GEforce 980 GPU, 2X SATA HD's. Seagate 1tb, WD 600GB - This is for the FS program only. I use 3 total computers for my cockpit, all add-ons are controlled via LAN connections. UTX, GEX, REX, A2A Accu-feel, Tongass Fijords,FTX sceneries All.

I had a similar problem recently after installing the v1.2 747 update.It installed airac 0802(I think) over airac 0609 , and a lot of airports then showed 'not in database'.So I re-downloadeed airac 0609 from navdata (go to fms data then at bottom of page airac 0609 PMDG demo)and all is well .You may need to download some individual airports still missing (get these from the sid/star link at navdata and dated around about september 2006).If you already knew all this then my apologies .regards Jim

You were correct. I was assuming that whatever came with the A/C for use on my home flite simming world would be good forever.Thanks for the help. :-)

Wayne L Pierce
737 # 162444;777 #305562 JS41; B1900; B747; 737NG; MD11
My Computer; WIN7 SP1, P3dv3.2, 16GB  I-7 3.50ghz processors, Nvidia GEforce 980 GPU, 2X SATA HD's. Seagate 1tb, WD 600GB - This is for the FS program only. I use 3 total computers for my cockpit, all add-ons are controlled via LAN connections. UTX, GEX, REX, A2A Accu-feel, Tongass Fijords,FTX sceneries All.

Don't forget to update your SIDSTAR folder with the matching cycle number as well. Check out PMDG's Wiki site to find out how to update your AIRAC and SIDSTAR databases if you're not sure how to go about it.Kim

>Don't forget to update your SIDSTAR folder with the matching>cycle number as well. Check out PMDG's Wiki site to find out>how to update your AIRAC and SIDSTAR databases if you're not>sure how to go about it.>>KimI am also having problems with SIDS/STARS and other things not being up to date with the PMDG 737's and 747's, I haven't yet installed the B747 update. I went to the NAVData website, and have noticed that I must purchase the updates. Am I reading this correctly? If that is the case, I imagine that it is reasonable, but I want to be correct before I buy something. And, if so, which update package ($'s) should I purchase to get the complete needed updates?? I see that there are several options. And, should I do this before I update the B747? Thanks and please let me know how I should proceed. Thanks.Bob

>Hi Bob, >>>Have you tried getting the AIRAC procedures from here:>>http://planepath.com/No I hadn't... Never heard of it until your note. Does it solve the problems indicated above in these postings? And, is it just for the US, UK, Ireland, & Scotland... Also, which files should I download.. the Procedures one or the No Holds one... What is the difference? Etc... TksBob

Go to Terminal Procedures/PMDG/Download. The EXE file will self extract into your PMDG navdata folder. Yes it is for the US, UK, Ireland & Scotland. That should clear up the "Not in Database" as long as the airport is in the navdata folder.

Planepath by Terry Yingling has been around for a long time, and he wrote the book on how to write your own procedures (with my sincere appreciation). It is just US & UK (includes Ireland/Scotland in UK).The key is to have the same vintage of sidstars as you do navdata because the sidstar procedures rely on the navdata definitions for runways and navaids.I use the Navigraph navdata/sidstar data and add my own custom collection of 68 US airports (cycle_0808_sidstars.zip found in the AVSIM library). Also, Bell provides custom procedures for 747-bound destinations in the UK and his can be found in the hanger at BA Virtual (http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/747.html)Which to download (hold/no hold) is up to you. I prefer the no hold because I can always add a hold at a fix with the FMS if I want to.Hope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

>Planepath by Terry Yingling has been around for a long time,>and he wrote the book on how to write your own procedures>(with my sincere appreciation). It is just US & UK (includes>Ireland/Scotland in UK).>>The key is to have the same vintage of sidstars as you do>navdata because the sidstar procedures rely on the navdata>definitions for runways and navaids.>>I use the Navigraph navdata/sidstar data and add my own custom>collection of 68 US airports (cycle_0808_sidstars.zip found in>the AVSIM library). Also, Bell provides custom procedures for>747-bound destinations in the UK and his can be found in the>hanger at BA Virtual>(http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/747.html)>>Which to download (hold/no hold) is up to you. I prefer the no>hold because I can always add a hold at a fix with the FMS if>I want to.>>Hope this helps>Yes it does help in a way.. but in another way, I am getting more confused... What I want to do is to fly with the latest updates possible in terms of equipment.. Basically, if PMDG has published an upgrade to the B747 then I want to use it... However, I don't want it to erase the airports, SIDS, and STARS in my current program. PMDG should have not done this.If I have to pay a little to get the newest and greatest, I am OK with that (Naturally depending on the $'s)... but I have also noticed that if I try to replicate a "real world flight" I'll have trouble b/c SIDS or STARs are invalid.. So bottom line is 1. "update or not".. 2. How to get the current SIDS and STARS in the most effective and cost efficient mannerThanks to all...Bob