Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Help! Latest FS9 version of queen crashing with unknown dll error report

Guest 413X3

Help! I downloaded the latest version of the queen, and am flying the freighter in FS9. I have the latest drivers for everything, nvidia 8800gtx, sb x-fi platinum, win xp pro, 3gb switch in fs9... but im flying in the middle of the ocean from klax to panc and the game just crashes to the desktop with an error message report. it says module "unknown"i just got back into flight sim and removed all my ai, so thats not the issue. Has anyone else had random crashes after the latest queen update?Thanks,Alex

Not random crashes, no.1) Remove the /3GB switch (it's a hack at best).2) Look along that particular route - what add-on scenery do you have (even if it is 500 miles away)?3) What else, besides the Queen, are you running in FS?Have you changed any of the textures? Do you have ActiveSky installed?Best regards,Robin.

I would urge particular attention to Robin's #2. That single variable has been the cause of MOST CTDs.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FSGS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | Bose Companion 5 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest 413X3

i was in the middle of the ocean. 500 miles away was seattle behind me, i have flytampa seattle. and ut usa, ut canada/alaska. all with their latest patches, and active sky 6.5 latest version. im so lost with all these different addons who knows what doesnt work with what. im so annoyed with all my crashes i took about 5 months off... maybe its time to start over

You can safely assume that random crashes are not a common complaint, so what everyone is trying to do is find something about your setup that is causing it. You can be far from an errant scenery file and it can still trip you, an easy test is to disable the addons (this is temporary) to rule this out.I know it's frustrating to be an hour into a flight and run into a wall, but the next thing is to try to find a pattern to the crashes. Do they only happen in the same area, or after the same amount of time, or only with the same aircraft. etc.After 5 mos I don't remember much detail. Dig into the details of your setup.Good luck and let us know if you find anything that changes the crash from random to some kind of pattern or correlationship.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest 413X3

Thank you Dan for your work on the navdata files first of all. And I believe it has something to do with the 3gb switch in FS9 with the cloud9 sceneries. I did read that their dll file does not like that switch. I disabled it and am hoping it works now. I took off from KLAX, and the first time the day before I was sitting there for a while, and taxied out, and it crashed in the same fashion. But even though this time I was hundreds of miles away i wonder if it still was the cause. I will try the same flight again today.

Good luck!! :DSome (all?) scenery is incompatible with the /3Gb switch because it changes the whole way memory is assigned, and FS9 and the add-ons are not coded to handle this out the box.FS9 requires the LARGEMEMORYADDRESSAWARE flag to be set before it can actually try and use more than 2Gb of RAM< but still, I don't advise it as it was never designed with that in mind.Best regards,Robin.

Guest 413X3

i still have all my ai disabled, but got rid of the 3gb switch, and had a nice flight from eham to essa. will try sunday the flight again klax-panc but it seems to be flying better now. put in the latest fsuipc and navdata as well. i remembered last time it crashed first at klax at the gate when i was entering my star in the fmc but just thought that was a coincidence. then the next flight it crashed way off the coast from seattle.