Sign in to follow this  
Guest careface

FrameRates superdrop 747

Guest careface

Okey here we go Computer SPEC 3.0ghz P4 HT1500gb RamAti radeon 9700pro 128mbdefragged and clean disk I get 25/40fps now with my current settings but the PMDG 747-400 it just drops to 7-8 fpsis this really normal =S

Guest Mower

Unfortunately it is normal for your FPS to drop by half or more on the ramp with this mod yes.

I agree with Chris, my FPS also drops when running the 744. Are you running the virtual cockpit? Try the 2D. I usually get around 15-25FPS.

Guest 413X3

the virtual cockpit just eats up frames at high quality scenery areas. I used to love adding hundreds of AI but it just makes the framerates even worse. its hard enough to run weather, scenery, ai, and a virtual cockpit

I don't advise running the PMDG 747 with your system.Your graphics card has only 1/4 of the memory stated in the minumum system requirements by PMDG.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

The minimum specs I would recommend to run everything maxed (including PMDG guage refresh rate) into complex airports like Aerosoft heathrow.Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.16GHz (1333FSB) At least 2 gigs of ramAnd to have 24AA and 16AF without any slowdown Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) or one of the Never Nvidia cards.The GPU is only important for running very high AA and AF what FS needs is raw cpu power. The old P4 HT cpu's just dont cut it.Rob

Rob Prest

Well its probably time for you to upgrade your hardware,not necessarily to super high specs, but you need more cpu and graphics power to get out of the single digit fps category with mid range slider settings.

Ron Service

I would also suggest turning off all non-essential task bar programs (thinkgs like instant messaging, Anything made by Norton, etc..). Exclude your MS Flightsim directory from virus scanning, and defrag your drives.Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Just747-400

Just try adding this to your FSX.CFG under DISPLAY.Device.(video card name)Shader20Plus=0. It might work, I don't know about the ATI but it does help on NVIDIA.

Now, look at this:Acer Travelmate 4002 Laptop. (3,5 years old)Intel Pentium M 1,60 Ghz1024 Mb RamIntel extreme graphics-2 64 Mb.High quality sceneries (ISD Malpensa, Fiumicino, KBOS, etc.)Shadows. AI traffic greater than 75%.Almost 2 years flying The Queen without any trouble.

Guest Mower

FS9 I'll wager, FS9 is of no consequence when discussing FPS. My current hand built rig was spitting out 60 FPS + in FS9 with wads of addons and the PMDG 744.FSX is the discussion. The point.

I'm a bit surprised at the negative comments re frame rates on older computers. So decided to run a bit of a benchmark on my "smithsonian" AMD XP 2200 1.8GB, 2GB RAM, GeForce Fx5200 GPU. ANCIENT!!!PMDG 747-Location at KSFO FS9 default scenery. At Gate D12 and at Rwy 28R- engines running in both. Then in a takeoff run on R28R. Daytime, Scenery Complexity normal, Traffic 20%, Autogen off, simple clouds, other FS settings mid range. FPS unlimited. Single monitor- View Fwd + 2D Captain's panel.UT USA & GEnvironmentRESULTS:At the gate: 26-32 FPSAt R28R- ready for takeoff: 26-32 FPSDuring takeoff run: 20-32 FPS.Normally I run triple monitors/triple views with several popups open and get typically 12-20 FPS. I can only suggest that turning down some FS settings has yielded impressive performance gains here. Anyone else want to post equivalent results for their systems & settings?Alex Reid

Alex are talking fs9 or FSX? sry re-read your post...I'm surprised people have to turn down settings in FS9 nowadays, hardware is so cheap and hundreds of tweaks on Avsim. I see videos on youtube and it looks like FS98current specs that I bought for FSX Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 LGA775 3.8GHz (1333FSB) 4 gigs of ramHD 4870 512MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) In FS9 I can throw anything at it GE Pro every high end commercial scenery and every slider maxed and the sim is 100% silky smooth.FSX I am back to square one like my old P4 which is now a remote PC for Active sky SB etcRob

Rob Prest

Hi Rob- Yes, the 'puter is now five years old, the dog is nearly six, my car is eight and in Sept, I'll have been married to the same lady for 52 years. No plans to replace any of 'em!!!!!!!!Alex Reid

Guest Mower

Not planning to replace or at least upgrade your gaming pc on a regular basis, say every 3-4 years max, will doom you to yesterday's titles.I personally find it a little irritating that at this point development resources are still being wasted on FS9.