Sign in to follow this  
Guest lilwill8929

747X Views

Guest lilwill8929

In the 747X, after about an hour of flying something weird happens. My wing view and tower view just go away. So the only views i have left are the cockpit and spot. Well i switch from spot to cockpit, and there is no panel there! I select wing view from "views" but it just goes back to my two old views, spot and cockpit with no panel. Ive tried everything...and nothing. Im running vista 64bit.

I have seen this effect with both the 744 and another supplier's 767 in FSX when flying online. All of a sudden using "S" to switch views takes you back to a 2D cockpit view with no panel. I've never found a fix but I do have a workaround - when you get the panel-less cockpit, press "A" a few times. It'll cycle through the virtual cockpit views and then eventually back to the 2D panel.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

>In the 747X, after about an hour of flying something weird>happens. My wing view and tower view just go away. So the>only views i have left are the cockpit and spot. Well i>switch from spot to cockpit, and there is no panel there! I>select wing view from "views" but it just goes back to my two>old views, spot and cockpit with no panel. Ive tried>everything...and nothing. Im running vista 64bit.This happens to me regularly about 2 hours into a long flight. After you cycle the "S" key, and see the panelless screen, simply look out the left or right window, and the panel will magically reappear.This happens with PMDG, and LevelD (and perhaps others). The strange thing is that it fixes itself around the time descent starts. Just standard procedure for me these days. It has happened in all iterations of FSX, and with all service packs.Probably just an undocumented feature! :-lolI'm currently on FSX SP2, XP SP3.- John

Guest lilwill8929

I appreciate both of your responses. Im on the ground about to takeoff..ill try what both of you said. And ill see if it fixes itself around descent. I thought i was the only one with this problem..its very annoying!