Sign in to follow this  
Guest Samfc

B1900C

Guest Samfc

Hey guys, first post on the AVSIM forums! I have a problem with my B1900C from PMDG; When i try to install liveries into my FS9 folder, it runs the exe, but at the end it says it could not open the B1900C aircraft file, and when i look in the B1900C aircraft folders, theres nothing there. I believe this may have to do with the fact that when i run the installers for liveries, that it says my registry reports my desktop as to being my FS9 registry, which it obviously isnt, so i change it to match with my FS9 main folder, but it still gives me the message it couldnt open the aircraft CFG.Help is greatly appreciated,Sam

I'm no expert, but have you checked the installation path? For example, mine is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Hope this helps.

I can't help with what he has a problem but I was flying from White plains to Boston in the B1900C and I found out what the difference is in the fuel flow levers or whatever you wanna call them the higher I raised them the faster it would taxi itself with no throttle. Although is only a difference I aint saying thats what that is why pilots dont use them the same way. This is what i got from doing though: at around 1 to 50 percent I got a taxi spped of 3 to 12 knots at around 100 to 60 to 90 percent i got a taxi speed of 15 to 25 knots.I found using them this way gives a better advantage, although i could also just be something with my sim or a problem but I idle i even pressed the throttle down key when i had the lever all the way down to be sure. MY advantage or one of them at least is no throttle usage needed to taxi although I am not expert neither I did have only an 0 to 8 knot wind so wind could have a helping hand as wellEric W. Joneshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest Samfc

>I can't help with what he has a problem but I was flying from>White plains to Boston in the B1900C and I found out what the>difference is in the fuel flow levers or whatever you wanna>call them the higher I raised them the faster it would taxi>itself with no throttle. Although is only a difference I aint>saying thats what that is why pilots dont use them the same>way. >>This is what i got from doing though:> at around 1 to 50 percent I got a taxi spped of 3 to 12>knots> at around 100 to 60 to 90 percent i got a taxi speed of 15 to>25 knots.>>I found using them this way gives a better advantage, although>i could also just be something with my sim or a problem but I>idle i even pressed the throttle down key when i had the lever>all the way down to be sure. MY advantage or one of them at>least is no throttle usage needed to taxi although I am not>expert neither I did have only an 0 to 8 knot wind so wind>could have a helping hand as well>>>Eric W. Jones>>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpgthat has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. why did you even post that? Could it be my registry? how can i check my registry.Sam

There is a registry repair tool, Sam. Go to http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and it's the fourth link from the top called "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)". I have no idea if this is the solution to your problem, simply trying to help you find that tool. Hope it helps!

Guest Samfc

still doesnt work. any other ideas?Sam

Sam,Say operating system. If Vista did you install FS9 and the B1900C as administrator? It might have something to do with permissions to write to that file and folder...Hope it helps,

Guest Samfc

i am using Vista home premium. should i reinstall and make sure to run as admin?Sam

Guest Samfc

that worked! i tried a reinstall and made sure i ran it as admin, which i ussually do, dont know why i didnt this time, and now liveries are installing! thanks!Sam