Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

MD-11 Beta Testers-feedback and Q&A

Robert said that we would get some feed back from the testers over the next few days, and I would like to think that by now you all would be able to share with us your initial thoughts and comments on the product. Could you tell us what kind of frame rates you are getting compared to other add-ons? Robert mentioned a few items left to develop.... Could you comment on the items still left to develop?How are the sounds? This is something we have not "heard" about. Robert also commented that this product is further along than any other BETA product.But not being beta testers, that means very little to me. Could you comment on further on this? Perhaps others readers will have questions and I would like to encourage them to post them as well. Thanks,CapnOz

Peter Osborn

Guest Mower

Ditto: any screenies or authorized info from Beta testers would be appreciated. Cheers.

You have to throw in a dash of salt when phrases like "...a few days" are used with respect to release schedules and PMDG. Being a fan means managing calendar expectations. We can all agree that the final product is always satisfying.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Mower

Quit being reasonable here Jeff, you will get little traction... :)

>> Being a fan means managing calendar expectations.Are you a manager in RL?If I was a tester, I'd have already been all over the aircraft checking it's good for its first flight, and I'd be out doing short flights. By now I'd be short on fuel and having to return, with a good feel for the aircraft, and my first impressions.So... where are they? :DBest regards,Robin.

I think what RSR meant was that he was getting the feedback and he would share what he felt was appropriate. I don't think the beta testers would have permission to just share whatever they like; they would have to clear everything first which would be pretty cumbersome.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

"If I was a tester, I'd have already been all over the aircraft checking it's good for its first flight, and I'd be out doing short flights. By now I'd be short on fuel and having to return, with a good feel for the aircraft, and my first impressions."What makes you think otherwise?? :)See the link from the pinned message above:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=152110&page=

George, quit arguing and get back to work, will ya!!!:+ You've got an MD11 to test...

The beta testers have signed non disclosure statements that do not allow any direct feedback to the forum. I don't want to speak for Robert, but if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want to lose control of dissemination of information during any phase of product development. I'm pretty sure he'll provide an update when there's something to share, but if you've ever done software testing you know that it involves not only a lot of discovery but a tremendous amount of time trying to reproduce the unexpected and isolating the problem.I like the story about the first bug, which was something that happened to the US Navy when they were bringing their first computer on-line. That generation used vacumn tubes and relays, and they kept getting an error that didn't make sense at all. Days of troubleshooting finally came to an end when they found a moth in one of the relays. And there it was, the first computer bug. The officer in charge was Cmdr Hooper (who invented COLBOL) and later became the first female flag officer in the USN. I got to listen to one of her presentations when I was a young Capt in the AF, and I had no doubt that she was qualified for her rank.

Dan Downs KCRP

>The beta testers have signed non disclosure statements that>do not allow any direct feedback to the forum. I don't want to>speak for Robert, but if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want>to lose control of dissemination of information during any>phase of product development. Yeah, totally with you on that one. I've done my fair share of software testing and it isn't fun! Creating the unexpected is what it is all about and it does take time.Like the 'bug' story - never heard that before! :)

Ed Haslam

Guest Mower

MD-11 manual please guys...I got printing and reading to do so I'm ready.