Sign in to follow this  
Guest biggest424

best mcp to use.

Guest biggest424

hi,im new on this forum,i need some advice on what type of mcp /autopilot to purchase. i would be mostly flying the pmdg 747x or the leveld 767 in fsx.ive being looking at couple of them especially the goflight mcp-pro but this one cannot interface with pmdg 747x as yet but a company is working on it.i also looked at opencockpits mcp.any help to let me know what others feel about these mcp's.glen

I have a CPFlight MCP together with a CPFlight EFIS that I use flawlessly in FS9 (but as I understand it works in FSX too) to run PMDG 737, PMDG747 and LevelD 767. The MCP unit also works with basically any other aircraft that uses the standard MSFS autopilot. I love the quality and feel of the units and IMHO the MCP is way superior to the Goflight offering, although it also comes at a higher price tag. I haven't tested the Goflight unit, but I have other Goflight modules and base my opinion on that and the pictures I've seen of the Goflight MCP.The Goflight MCP uses a driver released by Lefteris that has to be purchased so the unit is officially supported by PMDG. While the CPflight unit isn't supported by PMDG I've never had any problems with getting it to work. CPFlight's webpage is www.cpflight.com and I have the MCP737 - not the newer MCP737PRO.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------