Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyer747

AIRAC 0808

Guest flyer747

Hi.I have downloaded the latest AIRAC Cycle 0808,but Have found that Manchester Airport (EGCC) in the UK doesn't seem to be in the database.I have looked for a procedure to download on the NAVDATA website under the SID/STAR section but cant find anything there.Could anybody please tell me if there is another site where I can download the data for the FMC?Also I have also tried downloading from the NAVDATA site FMC data for the old Hong Kong Aiport, Kai Tak (VHHX).There is data on the site to download but cant seem to make it work,if anybody could help me with that I would very much appreciate it.Thanks.Tony

Guest flyer747

Ok.Thanks for the reply.Have you tried the FMC,comes up with the message rwy 24L unknown,when you enter EGCCand there is no information for runways SIDs/STARS etc.Tony

Hi Tony,The runways for EGCC are 05L/23R and 05R/23L in current designation according to my latest Jepps (which are current) and the PMDG SIDSTAR data I have for 0808. This is also confirmed with official runway data from a major US airline's flight planning system.Tim

Guest flyer747

Hi Tim.Thanks for the reply.I have got all the correct charts etc,my problem is that I have no RWY,SID STAR data on my FMC. EGCC seems to be recognsied by the FMC and locates the airport on the NAV display,but when I enter EGCC in the ROUTE section of the FMC I get the message "error rwy 24 L not found" and when I press the DEP/ARR button then select DEP for the required RWY's and SID's etc there is nothing listed.I have reinstalled AIRAC 0808 but still no luck.Tony

Hi Tony,What I was trying to say is that at EGCC there IS no runway 24L. Current AIRAC data (eg. cycle 0808) should reflect that. As for your runway, SID and STAR data, that should be in the installer (from Navigraph, since you say you have cycle 0808, which is current). I will have to check in the sim to see that my data is correct (as it appears to be from the SIDSTAR file for EGCC) in the FMC.More shortly...Tim

Okay, I have confirmed that my data in the sim is correct. I don't know why you have this problem...do you have it with any other airports? Maybe I should also ask if this is in FS9 or FSX...Tim

Guest flyer747

Hi Tim.No just EGCC,as far as I know, EGLL EGKK are all up to date and working fine.I have also tried lots of other major airports around the world and the FMC all has data for them.I have had FMC data for EGCC in the past so was surprised to find it wasn't there after downloading AIRAC 0808I am using FS9Tony

Guest nigvilla

>Hi.>I have downloaded the latest AIRAC Cycle 0808,but Have found>that Manchester Airport (EGCC) in the UK doesn't seem to be in>the database.I have looked for a procedure to download on the>NAVDATA website under the SID/STAR section but cant find>anything there.>>Could anybody please tell me if there is another site where I>can download the data for the FMC?>>Also I have also tried downloading from the NAVDATA site FMC>data for the old Hong Kong Aiport, Kai Tak (VHHX).There is>data on the site to download but cant seem to make it work,if>anybody could help me with that I would very much appreciate>it.>>Thanks.>>Tony Tony,Have a look on the fly tampa forum, there were some really informative posts on adding VHHX data to the PMDG database. I am a relative novice but I have managed to edit and add where necessary with no problems. http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3218Nigel ThomasUKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest flyer747

Hi,Thanks for that Nigel,had a quick look at it and will try to get VHHX on to my FMC.I sorted out the other problem.I deleted all my old SID/STARs from the SID/STAR folder in PMDG and reloaded AIRAC 0808 and now Manchester EGCC has all the correct data on my FMC.I think the old data was conflicting with with the new 0808 as there has been change in the RWY numbering at EGCC.Anyway thanks for all replies everyone,this is what makes this forum so great,everbody trying to help each other.Tony