Sign in to follow this  
Guest jibbyq

Trivial 744 Auto Brake Question

Guest jibbyq

Hi,I have what could be considered a very trivial question about the RTO function of the auto brakes on the 744. After takeoff the auto brake selector moves from RTO to OFF, and in the manual it says that "the Auto brake will automatically disarm after aircraft liftoff." I assume therefore that the selector is spring loaded to return to the RTO setting? Is this correct?Hopefully u guys can help me get this little thing off my mind :(Jibran

Hi Jibran,It's springloaded to 'Off' after take off and to 'Disarm' on application of Manual brakes, upon touchdown advancing thrustlevers and a few others that I cant think of right now :)Rob

Rob Prest

Guest jibbyq

Thanks Rob,Thats what I figured but it was bothering me and I just wanted "independent confirmation" lolJibran

"I assume therefore that the selector is spring loaded to return to the RTO setting?"If RTO is set for takeoff, then why would it spring load to RTO after takeoff? It was already in RTO. It trips to OFF on takeoff.If RTO is set for takeoff and you abort the takeoff *at a high enough speed*, triggering RTO autobraking... if you then intervene with manual braking, the autobrake system will release control of the brakes. In this case, the Autobrake switch will remain in RTO, ready for the next takeoff.Hope this clarifies things.Cheers.Q> Ян

Guest jibbyq

Oops i meant return to the OFF setting...my attention was a bit divided when I wrote the post as I was flying the Queen on Vatsim lolJibran