Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike94

Saab panel crashes FS2K?

Downloaded saab panel from Igor Sporonv(sp) and it crashes fs2k2 back to desktop. Anyone else experience this or have a fix? Have Windows XP.

Guest A32X

Maybe that was his evil plan all along! - Bu ha ha ha ha ha!! :-wink2On a more serious note, has anyone managed to edit the panel so that the radios are tunable?-Paul

Great panel.Been a while but if I remember, look out for a .CAB file which also needs to be placed in the GAUGES folder. I know I missed it first time I installed the panel.:-)

John

Hi,Same here. Also I wondered if I was the only one.The panel doesn't exit FS to the desktop, but FS freezes after a couple of minutes. What I noticed, is that I can't change the freqs of the nav/com/adf radio's. I see the +/- but nothing happens when I click on it. I dunno if this has been disabled, or that it has something to do with the freeze.Running XP-ProEgbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Same here !!!!:-madSo that panel went directly to the waste bucket. ;-)Staffan Ahlberg - FFG

Staffan

Guest Mike94

Hi,i have the same problem here. When i select the plane, FS2002 freezes.Anybody has an idea? This panel looks soooo promising! I know it's a demo Version of the upcoming payware package, but it should work nonetheless.Any help on this? I have XP.Cheers,Michael

Although I don't have the panel or use WINXP, I have noticed with my own planes that older gauges tend to dump WinXP for some reason. In my case (P-3C) it was either a Radar gauge or a Fuel gauge...Rick Sasala

Guest Mike94

... this panel looks too good to trash it!This panel is a preview version for the upcoming payware panel. Looks very promising! Take a look here: http://fscc.dux.ru/Cheers,Michael

Guest Mike94

I just received a mail from the Author of the Saab panel.Problem is, that i exactly use the FSPainter Saab, and it still crashes.Here is what Igor Suprunov wrote:----------------------Can You please post our findings on that problem to AvSim thread?So on some systems the gauges which represent moving throttles at centerconsole cause msfs to crash, and on some systems - not.The first but poor solution is simply to delete these two gauges from msfsGAUGES folder:psd_s340_thr_r.gaus340_thr_l.gauBut the better solution is to use correct aircraft model as I received areport from Mr. Wes Leighton:>>>>Apparently it crashes with certain models. I've tried it a few, the onlyone that works is the Gmax saab by FSpainter. The air file needs to betweaked, but the panel works great. I may swap the SF34 air file with dash8 air file to see how that works.http://members.tripod.co.jp/FSpainter/>>>>>I will issue a patch of course, but please help people who still has sameproblem.Greetings,Igor Suprunov "Lancelot"SCDS