Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

nose wheel steering

Guest Brettlee

I was reading the reply,s to taxing a 747 around. I to have this problem, i would like to know is there any key commands to tell me what turns the nose steering left or right. Up to now ive been using rudder controls to do this, which isnt very realistic. Also paul from pmdg suggested i turn auto rudder off. I did this and now i have no nose wheel steering can anyone help me

Hi,You turn auto-rudder OFF to get NWS. Cycle it in the realism options and see if that makes a difference. :)Do you have the latest updates installed?Best regards,Robin.

"Up to now ive been using rudder controls to do this, which isnt very realistic."Why isn't it very realistic? Pilots use rudder pedals to steer the nose gear (unless they want to make sharp turns).Cheers.Q> イアン

If you have a reg version of fsuipc you can assign a control to a tiller. I had a old Saitek X-52 gathering dust so I use the twist function as a tiller and it works well enough.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest abhay

Hi,Can any one tell me how to straight the Nose wheel after landing, In conditions of Cross wind, after landing, while taxing , the acft does not go straight.RegardsAbhay

Guest abhay

Hi,Can any one tell me how to straight the Nose wheel after landing, In conditions of Cross wind, after landing, while taxing , the acft does not go straight.RegardsAbhay

In the outside view, is your nosewheel straight?Is your joystick calibrated properly? If you autolanded, did you disconnect the autopilot after landing?Cheers.Q>