Sign in to follow this  
navymmw

Sort of a stupid request

Here is a small little request or a question I have for your new and upcoming PMDG MD-11. Now this is not a big deal what so ever and does not effect flight but for people who like me who sound is a huge deal it would be a pretty cool thing to have. Anyway getting to the question is there anyway you can add in wiper sounds for when you turn them on? Like in this video here you can hear them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJVRutDVoBAalso here

(starting at about 3:40)Once again this is not a big deal but it would be a pretty cool feature to have. I searched all over avsim and there are no wiper sounds in flightsim.

Yes Robert! In order to make the cockpit totally representative of a real one can we have the following?....Suspicious looking stains on the pilot's seatsThe remains of the previous crew's meal on the pedestal"INOP" stickers randomly spread around the panelBird carcasses on the windscreenHaving to adjust the seat each time you fly because the previous pilot was clearly 4ft tall with 6ft armsA nasty sticky patch on the yoke, something like honey is fineNow, that would truly be "as real as it gets" ;-)

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Yes Robert! In order to make the cockpit totally representative of a real one can we have the following?....Suspicious looking stains on the pilot's seatsThe remains of the previous crew's meal on the pedestal"INOP" stickers randomly spread around the panelBird carcasses on the windscreenHaving to adjust the seat each time you fly because the previous pilot was clearly 4ft tall with 6ft armsA nasty sticky patch on the yoke, something like honey is fineNow, that would truly be "as real as it gets" ;-)
I cant tell if your making fun of me but you know it is going to be cool to have those windsheild wipers sounds. lol. But I do however agree with the nasty patch on the yoke, that would be just awsome! lol.

And don't forget the teeth marks on the MCP from doing CAT3 ILS approaches :-badteeth.

Michael,the ones we have in there are of course not just generic wiper sounds but those from the real MD-11 :)I'm even considering re-recording them as presently they have a bit much background noise in them. So much for the attention to detail, even if it's just wipers!Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Yes Robert! In order to make the cockpit totally>representative of a real one can we have the following?....>>Suspicious looking stains on the pilot's seats>The remains of the previous crew's meal on the pedestal>"INOP" stickers randomly spread around the panel>Bird carcasses on the windscreen>Having to adjust the seat each time you fly because the>previous pilot was clearly 4ft tall with 6ft arms>A nasty sticky patch on the yoke, something like honey is>fine>>Now, that would truly be "as real as it gets" ;-) :-xxrotflmao :-beerchug

Thats great news! I was going to request this for the MD11 but thought it would be nit picking. Wiper sounds are the only thing I felt was missing from the 744.Rob

Rob Prest

Could you also give us some smells, not just visuals? Like, for example, the smell of puke when some pilots (not me) make it a very rough landing, lol.Seriously though, wiper sounds aren't something I ever thought of but it sounds like it's going to be a great aircraft - no pun intended there!