Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

AoA's PMDG 747-400 Training DVD available!

Captains-A few of you who are spending your time hitting the refresh button on our site waiting for the MD-11 release probably already saw that we are now selling AoA's new PMDG 747-400 training DVD directly from http://www.precisionmanuals.comFor those of you who aren't hitting refresh 12 times per minute- here's a news item that we've just sent to AVSim for coverage!Angle of Attack Productions is excited to announce the release of their Training Package for the PMDG 747-400. This DVD package comes with over 6 hours of footage packed on 3 Dual Layer DVD discs and can be used for both the FS9 and FSX versions of the PMDG 747-400. The product is the result of 20 months of intense production. Chris Palmer of Angle of Attack states

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hey Robert,Finally, i was looking for months for this release! (and for others;-))Just placed my order, thanks for the update.

Me too. Even though I can fly the Queen--or at least think I can!--I thought AoA looks as if it's made a fabulous training support tool so I just ordered it. I bet there'll be a dozen and one interesting issues and solutions inside the DVDs that I've never experienced or thought of. Can't wait!Jonathan

Hello my name is Ayax, i am from Mexico, just recived today my DVDs.I am a newbie, just learned few weeks ago to fly a cessna, but i have to say that this DVD put my self in a good perspective about the PMDG. This DVDs, gave me confidence and now i am more comfortable reading the manual and using the information directly to fly the plane.I think that this product is really useful.

AoA for the PMDG 744 is absolutely the finest companion to this beautiful simulation that can be purchased anywhere.For me, it is bringing the very complex concepts of flying this airliner which was so accurately simulated by PMDG to a level that anyone, experienced or unexperienced, will learn an abundance of information in an easy to understand, enjoyable, entertaining and well presented format.Whether you watch the complete 6 hour DVD or take it in smaller bites, this program is a real value, because you will find yourself flying this Queen much more like the pros within a short time.In the few days that I have had the AoA DVD, it has helped me to understand her much more.When it comes to complex simulations, knowledge is the bases for real enjoyment and Chris Palmer's Angle of Attack for the 747-400 is a tool that will greatly add to the enjoyment of this beautiful Queen whether it is flown in FS9 or FSX.I have waited for a long time for this release and it surpasses my expectations.I highly recommend it to anyone who seriously wants to learn how to fly this and I hope Chris will consider making on for the coming MD11.Bob

Guest Coco

Hi there,a couple of days ago got my parcel with the AoA videos.Installed the setup.exe from the first disk.i did create a folder under c>programs called Angel of attack productions, in there a folder Queen of the skies 747 trainings.Nothing in there. What is that folder good for?I have only FSX on my computer.It also created also a folder Flight simulator 9, with a subfolder flights with many training flights and one flightplan for the pmdg.It did create non flight for fsx!What do i have to do? copie something into fsx?Is the installer working correct?greetings from GermanyHeinz SchneiderP.S. There was a card with a short procedure description in the parcel. Is it allowed to post that card in another forum?

Hello Heinz,When Chris Palmer began working on creating this AoA DVD, the PMDG 747 for FSX had not been released and would not be for quite some time, so the flight plans that came with the boxed DVD package are only for the FS9 Queen.I believe Chris is trying to convert these flight files to FSX now and should be posting a download with an installer when he gets this done, on the forums athttp://www.flyaoamedia.com/forums/On the proceedure card that came with the DVD, I would go on the Angle of Attack forum and ask Chris if that would be ok. More than likely, it is copyrighted material and may be in violation. Better to be safe and ask permission from the author.Thank you,Bob

Guest chinni gianni

dear sirI bought the AoA trainer for PMDG's 747.400. I have only a problem : when searchig for a route the answer is " NOT IN DATA BASE" and I.m not able to update AIRAC. How can I do? I should be grateful for a kind reply regards Gianni

Gianni!Maybe I can help you, if I understood you right.The Panelstate files were forgotton on the DVD, but Chris havemade those download able on their site AOA.You can get those file from here:http://www.flyaoamedia.com/Customers/PanelState.zipThose file are supposed to go to:Your PathProgramMicrosoft GamesFs 9PMDG74700PanelstateThe included train flightplans on the DVD are supposed to go here:FLT/.WX Path = C:Documents and Settingsyour nameMine documentFlight Simulator FilesIf you mean you would make an own route, then you can get new Airac files from NAVIGRAPH here: http://www2.navigraph.com/www/default.aspThere are no training Flightplans included for the FSX version, but Chris are working on those if I remember it right.Hope I understood you right?/ Leffehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest Coco

I think it is wrong to advertise this product for FS9 and FSX.At the moment it is only for FS9, even they working on some update for FSX. But now it is not for FSX.People with FSX can only watch some videos, but cannot use the training aspect of this product.Me personally, i am very disapointed. Im thinking of returning it, sadly.regardsHeinz S.

Guest leftydad

I downloaded the PANELSTATE files, but when I try to load up anything from AOA in FS9, I get the following message, "Aircraft Initialization Failure." Do you happen to know what is causing this?JL

Guest leftydad

Thanks, I appreciate your reply and suggestion. I did all the steps listed below, but it still doesn

Guest leftydad

Thanks for the suggestion. I did what you suggested, but it still won't work.JL