Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 BETA Progress Update

Anyone else watching the ITVV Martinair video over and over and over again while waiting for release?

Guest LCD1080

>Anyone else watching the ITVV Martinair video over and over>and over again while waiting for release?Yes I've been doing that for the past two weeks. I even use a stopwatch to record the time between each event just before and after take off and the period that precedes their final approach.

Guest Mower

>It will be weeks OR months. We aren't exactly sure yet. :-pI can wait for a high quality PMDG release; the 744X continues to entertain me.But could we possibly please have the manual soon to get a head start?Thanx.

Guest Knikolaes

>They won't release at the same time- and FS9 is a massively>inferior platform . . . Agreed. I was also one of those that first tried FSX and immediately uninstalled it for FS9. But after SP2/Acceleration came out and fixed the major issues, FSX really began to shine. Between this, the awesome third party software developers have already released for FSX, and the fact that these developers have ceased supporting outdated sims, I have now trashed FS9 and am exclusively FSX.Being a computer hardware geek, I know what it's like to keep up with developments in technology. The same goes for software development. Expecting developers to keep up development for FS9 is like asking AMD to slow down on the new Phenom cores to develop more versions of the now outdated Athlons because the user doesn't want to upgrade their motherboard for a lousy hundred bucks.Granted I am excited PMDG cares enough to develop for both platforms. That's a GREAT position and standing that I respect. What puzzles me are some of the replies to their updates that make it seem like it's a bad business decision to develop for the current times before attempting to accommodate the outdated ones.

>because the user doesn't want to upgrade their>motherboard for a lousy hundred bucks.But it's not just "a lousy hundred bucks" or whatever currency, is it? So I decide to upgrade my m/board and processer. This also means going from AGP to PCIe so a new graphics card. Also the new mobo will only have one IDE channel for the optical drives so my hard drives are obsolete which means one or two SATA hard drives. Oh and my present memory will probably not be compatible with the new board and so it goes on. In the end it is probably as well to go for a whole new box and here in the UK that is going to set me back very nearly 400 British pounds or about US$ 800. Not everyone can suddenly decide to part with that sort of money, particularly in these times when on a modest pension! Iain

Guest Mower

My apologies but then you cannot expect to take advantage of the latest titles. Period. If such opportunities do arise, such as with the PMDG MD11 for FS9, it is not the norm.

My new PC is only 3 months old. I had it built so it could handle FSX. I just have too many addons for FS9 to abandon it yet. Maybe, just maybe I will install it ( Yes I bought it a while ago ) when the MD11 gets released. I have been waiting years for it.Richie

Richie Walsh

Agreed I have both FS9 and FSX i dont use FSX because it would not run and a decent rate on this one I am building a new one to put everything I have on It. All I lack is 2 more Gb's of RAM and a power Supply Although I put off getting part and supplies for this pc for a while, so i can get into BLET at the Academy it may not actualy have to get put off for much longer.Capt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

>but then you cannot expect to take advantage of>the latest titles. I accept that, which is why I'm skipping FSX and staying with FS9 for now. Maybe by the time FS11 is out I'll be able to upgrade to suit, if I save hard enough! At present I have too much invested in FS9 add-ons to justify a change.:-) Iain

Guest Knikolaes

>>>because the user doesn't want to upgrade their>>motherboard for a lousy hundred bucks.>>But it's not just "a lousy hundred bucks" or whatever>currency, is it? So I decide to upgrade my m/board and>processer. This also means going from AGP to PCIe so a new>graphics card. Also the new mobo will only have one IDE>channel for the optical drives so my hard drives are obsolete>which means one or two SATA hard drives. Oh and my present>memory will probably not be compatible with the new board and>so it goes on. In the end it is probably as well to go for a>whole new box and here in the UK that is going to set me back>very nearly 400 British pounds or about US$ 800. Not everyone>can suddenly decide to part with that sort of money,>particularly in these times when on a modest pension! >>IainThat is not always the case. I do agree AGP is obsolete anymore. But on the rest, newegg is a blessing in disguise. Using the search features there you can narrow down and get hardware that fits your other hardware and take steps to upgrade as you can afford it while maximizing compatibility.My rig i am building now (will be completed by the end of next week -- waiting for parts from newegg) cost me 1600 bucks total in parts. I priced the same specs at Alienware -- they want 6000 USD!!! Ouch!! Guess that proves when you go retail the only thing you are paying for is a brand name stamped on the case.So, yes, I DO agree that depending on where you shop, you will end up breaking the wallet. But if you are confident enough to plug parts together like a jigsaw puzzle (it's a LOT easier than it seems. I am by far not a computer tech geek -- just an average user) then you can have the latest and greatest at a fraction of the cost.

Guest pilot-joey

Is there any progress in the way of showing off screenshots of this sexy bird!? Since you notified us that with Beta 4 the beta testers would be allowed to post screenshots and share their information with us in the middle of last week! Just curious!

>Is there any progress in the way of showing off screenshots>of this sexy bird!? Since you notified us that with Beta 4 the>beta testers would be allowed to post screenshots and share>their information with us in the middle of last week! Just>curious!That would be because there isn't a beta 4 yet...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com