Sign in to follow this  
Guest kittie

Autopilot 744

Guest kittie

:-wave Hey all, I know I've seen this before but I can't seem to find it. I'm on a flight from ELLX-KHSV cruising at fl320, about to step climb. I am using ASv6.5 for weather, but my aircraft seems to be hunting for the line, swaying back and forth. Also it seems to almost stall out while in flight. The aircraft overspeeds, then almost stalls. I think this has something to do with weather updates, but I can't seem to find it.ThanksErica Benedikty

Looks like that might be weather turbulance. You can disable it via the active sky main menu or you can make some changes to FSUIPC if you have the full version.

Guest j-mo

Using the wind smoothing options in both Active Sky and the registered version of FSUIPC (again, if you have it) provide tremendous control. By fiddling with the with the options these present, you can eliminate the sudden wind shifts that cause overspeed/stall during cruise. You can leave turbulence enabled if you want. I find this gives me a very satisfying experience, as my aircraft adjusts to whatever wind changes it encounters, however, I never really know when I'll encounter turbulence.

There is a bit of "hunting" when encountering cloud turbulence. Pete D. is trying to isolate the issue and has a couple of FSUIPC revisions (beta) out. I'd get them off his forum......seems to help- not perfect yet, but hopefully it will get there soon.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FSGS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | Bose Companion 5 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Erica,If you are close to stalling that might be the reason for the hunting. You are getting close to uncontrolled flight. Check your outside temperature as your max altitude is dependant on the outside air temperature as well as other parameters. Sometimes in FS the air is much warmer than ISA and that might get you into trouble. Try the same flight without AS and see if you get the same behaviour.Hope it helps,

Guest kittie

Thanks for the replies, The flight seem to smooth out after a while and was fine the rest of the way. It might have been just turbulence. I was following the fmc for alt and was at my optimum. The settings in FSUIPS set to smooth winds.I'm on another flight KIAH-EDDF online now. Everything seems fine so far, nice and smooth. I'm at fl310 and about to step to fl330. Temp is -9.

Guest kittie

On page 2 of the PROG I'm showing SAT(static air pessure?) -49deg C

That's more normal. SAT static air temperature = OAT. So a high OAT is obviously not your problem...Cheers,